Where to buy Cat5e/Cat6 Ethernet Cables at Sim Lim/Funan?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
"IG MARKETING $115 schenider cat 6 305m", anyone got experience with schenider's CAT6?

tapedeck

Reaction score
LAN cable Cat5/Cat6 of 20 meters both ends terminated

CAT6 STP (Shield Twisted Pair Cable) needs a cabling contractor that knows how to ground the cable properly to work. If not done right, it will end up worst than a CAT5 UTP (Unshielded Twisted Pair).

In practices, unless you have a really electrically noise environment or is planning to to push the cabling to its max performance ie 10Gbps over 100 meters, for normal 1Gbps use, there is not much distinction between CAT5e or CAT6, UTP or STP.

CAT6 is a good choice if your laying new cabling due to its better electrical noise immunity. Given time and material degradation, CAT6 cable should still be able to hold the 1Gbps speed where the CAT5e cable might have failed. That again, I am talking about a time scale of 10 or more years. Even now I have customers office using CAT5 thats more than 10 years old doing just fine at 1Gbps. The key to its longevity is the way it has been lay, away from natural generator of electricial noise ie power cabling, light fixture, high temperature, exposure to weather elements etc..

I want to buy a 20 meter LAN cable with both ends terminated to connect from my ASUS Router (stationary) to another location to connect :
(1 ) with Minix Neo X8/X5pro then to connect by hdmi to my TV monitor and also/or
( 2 to a Dell Inspiron 20 3000 Series AIO (Touch) which has no wireless feature.

Is the a Splitter available for LAN cable where the incoming LAN goes to a SPLITTER and 2 LAN cables are used where one goes to the MINI Neo and the other goes to the Desktop computer ?

LAN cable Cat6 or Cat5 what is the difference ?

Where can I buy it with the usual termination at both endsand what price per metre. I am laying it myself. Any complication ?
I see the M1 technician doing it with the cable plugging to the ONT and the other end plugging to the Router. That is all .

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got better pricing for AMP keystone & faceplates, jacks?
Was quoted the following pricing for my new warehouse project.

AMP Netconnect Keystone ~ $6
AMP Netconnect Angled single port faceplate ~ $7.5
AMP Netconnect Angled dual port faceplate ~ $9
AMP Netconnect Jacks ~ $0.75 per piece. 1 Box 100 piece @ $50

And where can I get full reel 3M or AMP CAT 6 at lowest price?
I wouldn't go back to LHS for Belden cos it is expensive at $214.

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone got better pricing for AMP keystone & faceplates, jacks?
Was quoted the following pricing for my new warehouse project.

AMP Netconnect Keystone ~ $6
AMP Netconnect Angled single port faceplate ~ $7.5
AMP Netconnect Angled dual port faceplate ~ $9
AMP Netconnect Jacks ~ $0.75 per piece. 1 Box 100 piece @ $50

And where can I get full reel 3M or AMP CAT 6 at lowest price?
I wouldn't go back to LHS for Belden cos it is expensive at $214.

Where is this? I'd like to see the connectors, some stores selling a different thing, not sure if it's fake or different OEM, could be fake.
I have an original sample from TE so I'd like to compare

misato

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, embarking on 10G liao har...

Still in planning as I am doing so much 10Gbps ethernet these days, it almost seems natural for me to recommend it off the bat. One of my key goals is to do testing on cabling quality and its performance, ie CAT5 on 10Gbps. Of course, having a high end tester will take a lot of the guessing work out of it. It will also allow me to represent the theories in absolute values for reference.

PaLmEr

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is not a toy. Thats part of the rice bowl for networking projects.

misato

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it is not a toy. Thats part of the rice bowl for networking projects.

Its a requirement for high value infrastructure projects and the price of this instrument says much about its intended use. Thus its to me, its an expensive toy to own for personal usage.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.