WhizComms, new Fibre Broadband provider

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
never gave router, i am connecting direct from the ont.

Speed is quite good, but not meant for gaming.

PytwQ93.jpg

the ping is terrible.
May be not isp fault because some server can get 90+ ms which is decent la. Why some ping ok while some ping super high?

Cheeez

Reaction score
I was thinking of using Dual Wan with my VQ on Wan and Whizcomms on LAN Port 1 on my RT-AC88U. Any foreseeable problems u guys know of?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of using Dual Wan with my VQ on Wan and Whizcomms on LAN Port 1 on my RT-AC88U. Any foreseeable problems u guys know of?

Don't quite understand your question. You meant using Asus Dual WAN feature?

Qubicfactor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I would recommend using google dns or other public dns servers for dual wan instead of leaving it to auto, as I have encountered some erratic issues which I traced to an ISP blocking access to their DNS servers if you are trying to access it from another ISP's IP address which can happen half the time if you are using a 1:1 load balancing ratio. Using singtel and vq here on dual wan on ac68u

Last edited:

Cheeez

Reaction score
I would recommend using google dns or other public dns servers for dual wan instead of leaving it to auto, as I have encountered some erratic issues which I traced to an ISP blocking access to their DNS servers if you are trying to access it from another ISP's IP address which can happen half the time if you are using a 1:1 load balancing ratio. Using singtel and vq here on dual wan on ac68u

Thanks a lot!

omfghi2u

Reaction score
using huawei ONT and yes they using private ip .
in your router u will see ur wan ip as 192.168.1.x
then when u go google for whatsmyip , u will get the 44.x.x.x range which belongs to whizcomm.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using huawei ONT and yes they using private ip .
in your router u will see ur wan ip as 192.168.1.x
then when u go google for whatsmyip , u will get the 44.x.x.x range which belongs to whizcomm.

Which model? The HG8240 (aka "Black") or HG8240H (aka "White")?

Also how is your LAN IP setup like?

UptheToon

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wth. So whenever singtel down, whizcomms down as well? So they are basically singtel in a different brand?!

Henry Ng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wth. So whenever singtel down, whizcomms down as well? So they are basically singtel in a different brand?!

It is because their OpCo is Singtel. Your saying of Singtel in another brand is quite right.

djork84

Reaction score
So other users in all areas also affected? Their Engineers also unaware of this problem.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.