[HELP!] Notebook battery led blinks randomly

Swiftyz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently my notebook asus s46CM battery has been acting weird. When I slot it into the laptop, the battery led light will light up although the laptop is off. Either green, red, or blinking red and green. It's random all the time. Even if it's fully charged or not charging.

When it's low battery, I plug the charger in but it does not start charging. I have to turn it off and take the battery out and slot it in again to let it start charging. Sometimes when the charger is not plugged in, the battery icon shows the charger is connected but not charging. What can I do? I can still use it but the charging part and led light is annoying.

The laptop's about 2years only. I contacted asus help desk and they told me to update a bunch of drivers but seems to be the same.

Last edited:

Ramtree

Reaction score
Wow this is similar to what happen to me. Is the battery life still good?

Sent from LENOVO using GAGT

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either the charging circuit or the battery going up lorry soon.

Swiftyz

Reaction score
Yeah. Unslot slot everytime very mafan. Sigh.. Didnt see this coming.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Try getting ASUS to replace the battery lor... two years is about time for a battery if you use the battery very frequently - discharging completely (or close to completely) and charging it every day. Batteries have life spans lar...

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
Try getting ASUS to replace the battery lor... two years is about time for a battery if you use the battery very frequently - discharging completely (or close to completely) and charging it every day. Batteries have life spans lar...

Warranty for Asus battery is 1 year only.

This issue is likely battery going faulty... It is relaying a fault signal to the motherboard.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.