[News] Dell's new XPS 13 is world's most compact 13-inch notebook

Vulpix

Reaction score
Part of it bah, the specs also top end for Ultrabooks, last time ASUS Zenbook with SSD and light weight already almost 3k

It's kinda sad Samsung SG pulled out of the laptop market in SG. The new Ativ 9 series overseas is actually quite a looker.

FljpFl0p

Reaction score
Confirmed there's no coil whine.

Apparently I don't have any of the issue people are mentioning in other forums, don't know if it's my luck or Dell simply solved all of those already or the Singapore version doesn't have those issues.

On a side note, for people who want the function keys (F1-12) to be default instead of the media key (volume, brightness...), you can toggle between 2 modes using Fn+Esc instead of having to go into the BIOS. Never had a Dell before so don't know if it has always been like that but for Toshiba you need to go in BIOS so just want to report that.

apokolipz

Reaction score
Anyone know if Dell SG will be selling the i5, 1080p but with 8gb ram? I'll buy it in an instant

Last edited:

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Dell SG will be selling the i5, 1080p but with 8gb ram? I'll buy it in an instant

Nope they won't. And no point, it will be roughly $150 more on top of the 4gb ram, $1850? $300 can get you the top specs lol

Headshotzx

Reaction score
You called them for that pricing of the 1080p non-touch, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD?

Would love that set up because I prioritise battery life more than anything else. How's your qhd display model's battery life holding up?

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You called them for that pricing of the 1080p non-touch, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD?

Would love that set up because I prioritise battery life more than anything else. How's your qhd display model's battery life holding up?

Nope, I just added that amount from the base 4gb model, because in US the difference is $899 and $999 USD.

Anyway, I did ask them if they can configure it but sadly, they say all the specs are fixed and can't be change, unlike US or Malaysia

apokolipz

Reaction score
i contacted Dell SG and they say they do not bring in 1080p, 8GB ram and 128gb ssd. I'm actually planning to get it from Dell US and then send it via CGW. It comes up to only $1218 with a discount code. Adding GST and shipping, it will still be cheaper than the 4GB version. Thing is Dell SG mentioned that worldwide warranty only takes effect if you extend to the 3 year warranty. And also, the charger head is fixed so there is no way to swap out the US socket head to an SG head. the only way is to use travel adaptor or buy another charger for SG.

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
possible to replace 128gb ssd with 3rd party higher capacity ones

Yes you can, but it must be those M.2 stick SSD but those 2.5 inch we normally use on desktop or laptop.

PS: Depends what you guys using it for, 4gb ram is technically more than enough for doc office work.

Headshotzx

Reaction score
i contacted Dell SG and they say they do not bring in 1080p, 8GB ram and 128gb ssd. I'm actually planning to get it from Dell US and then send it via CGW. It comes up to only $1218 with a discount code. Adding GST and shipping, it will still be cheaper than the 4GB version. Thing is Dell SG mentioned that worldwide warranty only takes effect if you extend to the 3 year warranty. And also, the charger head is fixed so there is no way to swap out the US socket head to an SG head. the only way is to use travel adaptor or buy another charger for SG.

Care to share your lobang or is it a one-off code? :s12:

I'm trying not to limit my options to just 2 local choices. The higher priced one is... how much with phone quotation?

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Care to share your lobang or is it a one-off code? :s12:

I'm trying not to limit my options to just 2 local choices. The higher priced one is... how much with phone quotation?

Not possible even if shipping with comgate etc, as DELL US will require you to buy with US credit card or US paypal, unless you got 1, no choice but to buy from malaysia

PS: Damn, my delivery is next friday, 06/02/2015, mistook it as 02/02/2015, hahaha

Headshotzx

Reaction score
Not possible even if shipping with comgate etc, as DELL US will require you to buy with US credit card or US paypal, unless you got 1, no choice but to buy from malaysia

PS: Damn, my delivery is next friday, 06/02/2015, mistook it as 02/02/2015, hahaha

Nevermind then. I'm in contact with Elly. I suppose that's the best price / person to get the laptop from... right?

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nevermind then. I'm in contact with Elly. I suppose that's the best price / person to get the laptop from... right?

Which model you getting? If 1080p matte, get from Dev lor.

If the touch i7, if you can wait till March got IT show, if you buy directly from Dell it's only 1 year warranty, sometime it show offer 2 years.

iAmBored

Reaction score
Funan shop "notebook.com" is selling the i7 model with free office 365 at 2150.
Same offer for i5 at 1650.

Can't decide which is worth it. Don't really want a glossy screen though.

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Funan shop "notebook.com" is selling the i7 model with free office 365 at 2150.
Same offer for i5 at 1650.

Can't decide which is worth it. Don't really want a glossy screen though.

Plaster a matte sp over it. Less than 50 nia

locksleychang

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone happened to try connecting the laptop to a 4K TV (DP to HDMI)? Can it output at 4K 60Hz? :o

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone happened to try connecting the laptop to a 4K TV (DP to HDMI)? Can it output at 4K 60Hz? :o

I've no idea, no chance to test it yet since I haven't receive my laptop lol. But I thought HDMI limits 4K to less than 60hz, some.hdmi restriction?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.