[News] Xiaomi’s first notebook is the Mi Notebook Air, a svelte machine with a discrete GPU

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When will the official flagship Mi Home store in Suntec open?

I assume it will most probably not sell the Mi Notebook Air?
They aren't selling it now, but display set is available for hands-on!
f6dca499-132d-4ee5-823e-67ac31aecbf6.jpg

LIVE UPDATES→ http://c.mi.com/sg/thread-2609-1-1.html

Sent from Sumire using GAGT

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the 13.3" model yesterday and it is pretty good for its price. The build quality is decent and the sound quality is great with multiple modes.

How much you paid in total?
Base on 1st post, is around S$1,017 which is like Acer S13 price range.

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
single language license. thus need to buy if u need English. If not upgrade to win10 pro. :s13:

Yes, China Windows licensing is different. Is something like a lite version. So buyer need to take note of this. You may end up loading your own Windows OS.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup you are right :) there's always a way to get English. Just more technical and a hassle.

Sure, then the price should be lower like those notebook you can buy in Thailand (without OS).

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, China Windows licensing is different. Is something like a lite version. So buyer need to take note of this. You may end up loading your own Windows OS.

Note to tertiary students studying in local institutions:

You can claim your Windows 10 Education Edition OS entitlements from Microsoft's onthehub and use it to install on the Mi book should you wish.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note to tertiary students studying in local institutions:

You can claim your Windows 10 Education Edition OS entitlements from Microsoft's onthehub and use it to install on the Mi book should you wish.

That's another way. But must well get like Acer s13 which is around same price tag with 2 years warranty.
Saw this at Xiaomi Home (think is run by ECS). Machine is actually quit thick and not slim type. Hing design is very similar to ASUS UX series. Cannot open all the way and very weak.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
That's another way. But must well get like Acer s13 which is around same price tag with 2 years warranty.
Saw this at Xiaomi Home (think is run by ECS). Machine is actually quit thick and not slim type. Hing design is very similar to ASUS UX series. Cannot open all the way and very weak.

There are definitely other alternatives that's for sure! Possibly a surface 3 tablet should one wants to go down that route as well!

Moratia

Reaction score
For anyone looking to get this, it'll heat up quite uncomfortably running DotA2. Would reccoment getting a cooler or just another product.

ganguro

Reaction score
For anyone looking to get this, it'll heat up quite uncomfortably running DotA2. Would reccoment getting a cooler or just another product.

I'm looking to get this for mainly work and occassional Dota (maybe 1-2 games a day if my work schedule allows it).

How hot will it get? I tried playing Dota on Macbook and its pretty hot as well, so just want to know roughly.

What settings did you play Dota 2 on? Out of the basic 4 options Fastest to Best Looking which one were you on?

Thanks

Last edited:

Moratia

Reaction score
I'm looking to get this for mainly work and occassional Dota (maybe 1-2 games a day if my work schedule allows it).

How hot will it get? I tried playing Dota on Macbook and its pretty hot as well, so just want to know roughly.

What settings did you play Dota 2 on? Out of the basic 4 options Fastest to Best Looking which one were you on?

Thanks

I use fastest, running it on a portable notebook cooler thing. It's hot enough to be uncomfortable imo, but it runs DotA2 pretty smoothly. It's really because the heat fans are on the bottom, so there isn't much circulation. It's okay when I face a standing fan towards it tho

hummer

Reaction score
Actually you can get a cheap Win7 license, and then do the Windows 10 free upgrade for Accessibility users. Fully legit copy.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Just got a Xiao mi pro, few questions to consult ur guys
1. Want to add a 512g m2 2280 sata ssd, any recommended brand, model and shop?
2. Want to perform Norton ghost kind operation, any recommended software to support win 10, I have Norton Ghost 15, it seems not working any more.
3. want to a convert to English win 10 pro, any detailed steps and procedure? Not used to new mothers board, tried my old pe in usb stick, not working.
4. Can we find a type c hub in the market to support vga port, lan port and some usb ports?

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
Just got a Xiao mi pro, few questions to consult ur guys
1. Want to add a 512g m2 2280 sata ssd, any recommended brand, model and shop?
2. Want to perform Norton ghost kind operation, any recommended software to support win 10, I have Norton Ghost 15, it seems not working any more.
3. want to a convert to English win 10 pro, any detailed steps and procedure? Not used to new mothers board, tried my old pe in usb stick, not working.
4. Can we find a type c hub in the market to support vga port, lan port and some usb ports?

For the SSD upgrade, there are plenty of brands. Just get the 80mm length one will do.
For cloning, get Acronis 2016. It support Win 10. But do check out Xiaomi's warranty policies. Good chance they might void the warranty.

Conversion not possible as far as we know. It is microsoft controlled. Win 10 OS is selling in China around RMB150 = SGD$30 only due to the rampant piracy in China. No way Microsoft will open up the option for the easy language switching for China Windows OS. You will probably have to reinstall the whole OS using back the same key. Never try before, so we can't say much. We can try it if you want. :)

Type c hub, there are quite a number in the market, but most are quite expensive. Many are also not so stable. For example, you get dropped lan or VGA signals now and then. Remember to look out for those that you can charge and use the lan+VGA+USB at the same time. Most cheaper versions only takes data signal and outputs outpower, cannot take power input.
You can check out Worldwide computers on Sim Lim Square 6th floor. They have the most choices around. :)

Last edited:

oldman1881

Reaction score
thanks. PC dreams.
Checked with Mi Tmall shop, user is allowed to open back cover and upgrade the SSD, but no compatiable list at this moment. I saw a lot of 256G SSD products, but 512G is limited brand and expensive.
For the current notebook, connectivity is a problem, LAN port is easy to solve, but HDMI to VGA is a trouble, a lot people said that need extra USB power input, this is why I am thinking to take type C hub to solve the problem.
Regarding the OS, I guess we must format and reinstall the everything if you like to get English OS, as the current OS related dirctory is in Chinese, display is in Chinese too, and it can not be changed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.