[Official] Chromebook SG

metavolta

Reaction score
Hi, how much did you pay for your samsung chromebook pro?

Currently here is the checkout price on Amazon:

Items: USD 497.00
Shipping & handling: USD 42.90
Total before tax: USD 539.90
Estimated tax to be collected: USD 0.00
Import Fees Deposit: USD 37.79
Order total: USD 577.69

The import fees deposit is GST?

Mine was SGD$700 (after currency conversion) and via VPOST excluding GST SGD$60 plus shipping SGD$40

Thats a whopping $800 for a spanking new Chromebook Pro from amazon

XClusivE.L

Reaction score
thinking of getting the pixelbook too.. but google is like apple.. paying huge price for their products.. especially for pixel products T.T

miss those nexus days.. pricing good and good specs too..

Wyvern8

Reaction score
thinking of getting the pixelbook too.. but google is like apple.. paying huge price for their products.. especially for pixel products T.T

miss those nexus days.. pricing good and good specs too..

Price aside... Even if I were to get, where should I get the pixelbook...? Amazon..?

Rock-kun

Reaction score
Thinking of snagging a Pixelbook as well.

Not to run ChromeOS, but to wipe it off and put Fedora, Mageia or Debian Buster (once it attains package freeze status) on it.

Partly because I have never tried playing with Coreboot. Anyone knows if a Linux distribution can boot with a Coreboot + Tianocore payload? Don't want to use SeaBIOS since a new machine should be using UEFI boot and not legacy boot.

lordlad0

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also interested for a pixelbook but the price most definitely pushed me away.

5star_pundit

Banned
Reaction score
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834332945&ignorebbr=1

34-332-945-Z01.jpg

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Here you go, from Amazon (link: here):D

Btw, I am just curious... Is there any price difference if I were to get from Google store or Amazon...?

I am not sure if there is any difference. It will be my first if I decide to get a pixel book... :)

frozencup

Reaction score
I recently snapped up a used Acer r11 on carousell.. loving the experience of a Chromebook now.. but I still bring my 1hr battery life 2009 MacBook pro cos im worried if i have to do heavier stuff.

I bought this to test the usability of chromebooks and whether there is a future for me to use the pixelbook and I would say I'm impressed but I'm also just a 3 day old user.. oh, battery life is amazing.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Wyvern8

Reaction score
Saw alot of YouTube clips on review and unboxing of Google pixel book. Any one here have ordered Google pixel book..? And which config you guys getting, also you guys also got the Pixel book pen..?

generalwu

Reaction score
Btw, I am just curious... Is there any price difference if I were to get from Google store or Amazon...?

I am not sure if there is any difference. It will be my first if I decide to get a pixel book... :)

I'm not very sure but I think the price differences will be little since it's a "Pixel" we're talking about (Google Pixel = best/latest/expensive). :(

For warranty wise I'm not sure if either will honor it or not. That's the risk of buying overseas. :(

Saw alot of YouTube clips on review and unboxing of Google pixel book. Any one here have ordered Google pixel book..? And which config you guys getting, also you guys also got the Pixel book pen..?

To me it's not worth getting it as you're mainly paying for the "Pixel" branding. You can achieve more by getting the other Chromebook like Samsung Chromebook Pro (cost close to half of Pixel). :p

Just my 2 cents.

generalwu

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Would like to check for such refurbished units, in your opinion is it safe to purchase?

Main use for laptop:
Youtube
Do some google doc work
Emails

I would prefer to buy reburbished/used unit from Amazon warehouse as it's easier for me. Remember to check who's the exact seller, my used Chromebook had a defect battery which I used for a few month before it died. :(

I recently snapped up a used Acer r11 on carousell.. loving the experience of a Chromebook now.. but I still bring my 1hr battery life 2009 MacBook pro cos im worried if i have to do heavier stuff.

I bought this to test the usability of chromebooks and whether there is a future for me to use the pixelbook and I would say I'm impressed but I'm also just a 3 day old user.. oh, battery life is amazing.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

Nice, may I asked how much did you paid for it? Want to know the market rates.

Thanks. :)

frozencup

Reaction score
I managed to get it at 300. No warranty. And no 100gb Google drive cos he already redeemed it.

Wyvern8

Reaction score
To me it's not worth getting it as you're mainly paying for the "Pixel" branding. You can achieve more by getting the other Chromebook like Samsung Chromebook Pro (cost close to half of Pixel). :p

Just my 2 cents.

I do agree with you. I have seen the Youtubers review on Google Pixel Book and they also commented that its actually not worth to fork out such a price to get an equally capable laptop or chromebook as there are many such option available.

Kind of disappointed that google, Microsoft priced their hardware so high.

XClusivE.L

Reaction score
the samsung chromebook pro only 16gb? if put a 64gb card will the system recognise and combine the storages?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.