HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Official] Chromebook SG

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 08:26 AM   #196

Saw alot of YouTube clips on review and unboxing of Google pixel book. Any one here have ordered Google pixel book..? And which config you guys getting, also you guys also got the Pixel book pen..?
Wyvern8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #197

Btw, I am just curious... Is there any price difference if I were to get from Google store or Amazon...?

I am not sure if there is any difference. It will be my first if I decide to get a pixel book...
I'm not very sure but I think the price differences will be little since it's a "Pixel" we're talking about (Google Pixel = best/latest/expensive).

For warranty wise I'm not sure if either will honor it or not. That's the risk of buying overseas.

Saw alot of YouTube clips on review and unboxing of Google pixel book. Any one here have ordered Google pixel book..? And which config you guys getting, also you guys also got the Pixel book pen..?
To me it's not worth getting it as you're mainly paying for the "Pixel" branding. You can achieve more by getting the other Chromebook like Samsung Chromebook Pro (cost close to half of Pixel).

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #198

Hi Guys,

Would like to check for such refurbished units, in your opinion is it safe to purchase?

Main use for laptop:
Youtube
Do some google doc work
Emails
I would prefer to buy reburbished/used unit from Amazon warehouse as it's easier for me. Remember to check who's the exact seller, my used Chromebook had a defect battery which I used for a few month before it died.

I recently snapped up a used Acer r11 on carousell.. loving the experience of a Chromebook now.. but I still bring my 1hr battery life 2009 MacBook pro cos im worried if i have to do heavier stuff.

I bought this to test the usability of chromebooks and whether there is a future for me to use the pixelbook and I would say I'm impressed but I'm also just a 3 day old user.. oh, battery life is amazing.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT
Nice, may I asked how much did you paid for it? Want to know the market rates.

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:37 AM   #199

I managed to get it at 300. No warranty. And no 100gb Google drive cos he already redeemed it.
frozencup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:46 AM   #200

To me it's not worth getting it as you're mainly paying for the "Pixel" branding. You can achieve more by getting the other Chromebook like Samsung Chromebook Pro (cost close to half of Pixel).

Just my 2 cents.
I do agree with you. I have seen the Youtubers review on Google Pixel Book and they also commented that its actually not worth to fork out such a price to get an equally capable laptop or chromebook as there are many such option available.

Kind of disappointed that google, Microsoft priced their hardware so high.
Wyvern8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #201
Master Member

Can check with bros here using Chromebook if able to install chrome extension like shopback etc similar to using chrome on a windows notebook?

mac_oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #202

the samsung chromebook pro only 16gb? if put a 64gb card will the system recognise and combine the storages?
XClusivE.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:07 AM   #203

I managed to get it at 300. No warranty. And no 100gb Google drive cos he already redeemed it.
That's a little high, I think I can get a new one from Amazon below USD$400 but at least you get to used it straight away.

I do agree with you. I have seen the Youtubers review on Google Pixel Book and they also commented that its actually not worth to fork out such a price to get an equally capable laptop or chromebook as there are many such option available.

Kind of disappointed that google, Microsoft priced their hardware so high.
No choice, seeing the success of Apple with their branding, they're just following thru too.
Building their own branding in hopes to topple Apple.

Can check with bros here using Chromebook if able to install chrome extension like shopback etc similar to using chrome on a windows notebook?
Yup it can, it's a browser OS.

the samsung chromebook pro only 16gb? if put a 64gb card will the system recognise and combine the storages?
No I don't think so, it's not even able to store android apps on SD card yet if I'm not wrong.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #204

if like that 16gb where got enough T.T

pixelbook got 128gb and 256gb but cost the same as windows 10 laptop..

suddenly i feel pixelbook isnt actually overpriced.. its specs is top notch.. i5 with 128/256gb.. which should cost as much as a regular laptop already.. is just its installed with chrome os thats why most people feel the price should drop..

chrome vs windows os i think chrome has the losing edge in terms of capability..

that said.. besides its OS, specs wise, build quality wise, and aesthetically wise.. pixelbook pretty awesome.. =x might get the base model or top up about 300 more for more storage..

hopefully amazon comes out with some sale or what..

might get it for birthday or christmas present for myself xD
XClusivE.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #205

Bought a Acer R11 some months back during amazon price drop for my kid to do her moe elearning homework.

Like the full-size keyboard without the number pad. The white exterior, black keys, very sleek and modern but can get dirty if you have dirty fingers. The laptop is heavier than expected at 1.3kg, probably due to the touch screen.

Surprise that Android apps on the Google Play Store is available on this chromebook, therefore you don't have to rely solely on the Chrome browser to access apps. Installed kodi and android games, works pretty well.

Playing marvel future fight is smooth, but too huge for the touch screen control and heavy if you intend to game for long for those actions control games.

Connect from hdmi to my 65" xiaomi tv is smooth, but can only support HD resolution and cannot display full HD. I had yet to try chomecast. The trackpad is not as responsive so I bought a wireless mouse, which paired perfectly.

Overall it is still a good buy for a chromebook that is flipbook with touch screen.

On the last note, I realized that the mconline.sg my kid elearning portal still have some flash application, so still have to go back to windows for the occasionally usage, otherwise it is a superb laptop with almost 9 hrs of usage time on battery.
ghgan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #206

if like that 16gb where got enough T.T

pixelbook got 128gb and 256gb but cost the same as windows 10 laptop..

suddenly i feel pixelbook isnt actually overpriced.. its specs is top notch.. i5 with 128/256gb.. which should cost as much as a regular laptop already.. is just its installed with chrome os thats why most people feel the price should drop..

chrome vs windows os i think chrome has the losing edge in terms of capability..

that said.. besides its OS, specs wise, build quality wise, and aesthetically wise.. pixelbook pretty awesome.. =x might get the base model or top up about 300 more for more storage..

hopefully amazon comes out with some sale or what..

might get it for birthday or christmas present for myself xD
Can buy other brand one, pixel is just overpriced.

Bought a Acer R11 some months back during amazon price drop for my kid to do her moe elearning homework.

Like the full-size keyboard without the number pad. The white exterior, black keys, very sleek and modern but can get dirty if you have dirty fingers. The laptop is heavier than expected at 1.3kg, probably due to the touch screen.

Surprise that Android apps on the Google Play Store is available on this chromebook, therefore you don't have to rely solely on the Chrome browser to access apps. Installed kodi and android games, works pretty well.

Playing marvel future fight is smooth, but too huge for the touch screen control and heavy if you intend to game for long for those actions control games.

Connect from hdmi to my 65" xiaomi tv is smooth, but can only support HD resolution and cannot display full HD. I had yet to try chomecast. The trackpad is not as responsive so I bought a wireless mouse, which paired perfectly.

Overall it is still a good buy for a chromebook that is flipbook with touch screen.

On the last note, I realized that the mconline.sg my kid elearning portal still have some flash application, so still have to go back to windows for the occasionally usage, otherwise it is a superb laptop with almost 9 hrs of usage time on battery.
Awaiting for black friday sales, it's on sales on Best Buy for USD$179.90 during Black Friday.
Old 15-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #207

Since when Samsung Chromebook Pro 16gb? Its 32gb
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071LB1GG4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510721274&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=chromebook+pro&dpPl=1&dpID=41QCsi3gCrL&ref=plSrch#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1510721342434
parkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM   #208

Both Samsung Chromebook Pro and Plus is on discount at Amazon (-USD$100).
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.