HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Asus GL553 or Aftershock MX-15 Elite?

Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 11:41 AM   #1

Question Asus GL553 or Aftershock MX-15 Elite?

Hi guys, I am stuck deciding between these two laptops.

I am looking for gaming laptop between

ASUS GL553 G7P @ S$1,602.86 (Usual Price S$2,387.00)
and
MX-15 Elite (Recommended Default) @ S$1,599.00 (Usual Price S$1,689.00)

For the ASUS GL553, I am able to get it from the polyroad show for that price.

Which laptop should I get in your opinion?

Last edited by xiaopang254; 09-08-2017 at 11:43 AM..
xiaopang254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:57 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

What games u normally playing? And do you intend to carry it ard? And base on the price seems like your budget is 1600+/- right? Lastly are u going or still a poly student?
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:54 PM   #3

What games u normally playing? And do you intend to carry it ard? And base on the price seems like your budget is 1600+/- right? Lastly are u going or still a poly student?
I usually play high graphics game in a very low settings such as Battlefield 4 and Rainbow Six Siege.. I intend to carry it around and I do not mind the weight of 2.5kg.

And yep, you are right about the budget! Lastly, it's my final year in poly and I'm buying because my current laptop is breaking down after 4 ++ years and hopefully whichever I'm getting also able to last that long!

Current laptop specs:
Asus N46V series
Intel i7 3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
GeForce GT 650M (2gb)
4gb + 8gb (upgraded) RAM
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
1TB HDD

Last edited by xiaopang254; 10-08-2017 at 12:10 AM..
Old 10-08-2017, 11:58 PM   #4
Arch-Supremacy Member

I usually play high graphics game in a very low settings such as Battlefield 4 and Rainbow Six Siege.. I intend to carry it around and I do not mind the weight of 2.5kg.

And yep, you are right about the budget! Lastly, it's my final year in poly and I'm buying because my current laptop is breaking down after 4 ++ years and hopefully whichever I'm getting also able to last that long!

Current laptop specs:
Asus N46V series
Intel i7 3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
GeForce GT 650M (2gb)
4gb + 8gb (upgraded) RAM
Windows 10 Home (64bit)
1TB HDD
well if u are playing those games, can consider a Desktop though, but still if u still want a laptop, i still think that u forgo 1 year warranty and get that Aftershock MX 15 due to the fact that its running on a GTX 1050ti as compare to asus GTX 1050ti (although on mobile side the performance boost have only slight differences, den again if u are playing other upcoming games, maybe ti version might be a better get-go)

as for lasting for a long time is quite hard to say....depends on how far u abuse it xD

anyway jokes aside. it really depends pm your usage and luck, although am still using my 5/6 years old lenovo laptop for basic stuff not much into gaming on it (although still can play dota 1.) but overall its still running well.
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #5

well if u are playing those games, can consider a Desktop though, but still if u still want a laptop, i still think that u forgo 1 year warranty and get that Aftershock MX 15 due to the fact that its running on a GTX 1050ti as compare to asus GTX 1050ti (although on mobile side the performance boost have only slight differences, den again if u are playing other upcoming games, maybe ti version might be a better get-go)

as for lasting for a long time is quite hard to say....depends on how far u abuse it xD

anyway jokes aside. it really depends pm your usage and luck, although am still using my 5/6 years old lenovo laptop for basic stuff not much into gaming on it (although still can play dota 1.) but overall its still running well.
Hey man, thank you for giving your opinion! I have decided which one to get now!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.