Cheap laptop needed

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wait for it show. usually will have those kind of cheap laptop for u to choose from.

whongtk

Reaction score

GreenBandit

Banned
Reaction score

ksleung

Reaction score
Nope. x220 is from 2012 model. x230 2013 model. if you can find a laptop that can last 10 yrs please let me know too. :)

I have a HP 6510b which is still running Win10 without any problem. 11 years. Slow of course.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IT show, its happens usually one march (not sure early, mid or late) but definitely will be early or mid.

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
IT show, its happens usually one march (not sure early, mid or late) but definitely will be early or mid.

Buy cheap laptop like $400 to $500 laptop worth waiting for IT show? Or not much diff? How much cheaper compared to getting from SLS shops or major electronic retailers?

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I have a HP 6510b which is still running Win10 without any problem. 11 years. Slow of course.

Oh I have a 6515B!
with an awful AMD turion processor :s13:

Last tried, still working

whongtk

Reaction score
Not sure about the longevity of current gen laptops. I have a old Compaq Evo N600 lasted 11yrs plus still in working condition before donating to the recycling centre. Also have a Dell XPS M1330 bought in 2008 and repaired once in 2014, still going strong using it as a media player in parents' room. The pre-installed Windows Vista is EOL and I replaced it with Ubuntu.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
Oh I have a 6515B!
with an awful AMD turion processor :s13:

Last tried, still working
1015071.jpg

我依架Inspiro1501一样用到宜家。。。除佐键盘,电池已经钉佐,屏幕,硬盘,系统仲行得!:D

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do agree that you should wait for the IT show that is happening early March. I believe this time it is at Suntec. Otherwise, you can go Qoo10 and look for Asus E402MA and look for this laptop with the Intel N4200 processor. It should be fast and cheap.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I am no user of Linux, so can't really advice on this. However, you can try to Google online.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am lost. What is a desktop laptop? NUC is not a laptop since you need to connect it to a monitor. So it really depends if you need it mobile or not. Also, you need to consider the fact that the NUCs are not exactly cheap. The base price normally don't come with ram and storage. Also, you need to shell out extra money for a monitor if you do not have one. OS, I suppose is not a problem for you since you are going for Linux. Again, my suggestion is that you check whether it works well with Linux to begin with since I have seen people claiming flaky support from Intel for Linux.

GreenBandit

Banned
Reaction score
I am lost. What is a desktop laptop? NUC is not a laptop since you need to connect it to a monitor. So it really depends if you need it mobile or not. Also, you need to consider the fact that the NUCs are not exactly cheap. The base price normally don't come with ram and storage. Also, you need to shell out extra money for a monitor if you do not have one. OS, I suppose is not a problem for you since you are going for Linux. Again, my suggestion is that you check whether it works well with Linux to begin with since I have seen people claiming flaky support from Intel for Linux.
TF why are so sexpensive if they don't come with display? So they don't come with ram and storage?? They have MacBook pro level CPU and iris graphics that's why I asked

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 3S using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.