Intro me a laptop

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went yesterday to funan to get. Got challenger member sales.

Asked whether can get upgrade of ram. Nope said the male staff. Decided to check Harvey Norman basement. Same price but got free upgrade of ram. What was this? :s22:

Called the Challenger @ Bedok point as went there on Wednesday to check the same model and offer free upgrade of ram. This store could. lol.

Went back to Bedok point @ Challenger after calling in advance. Staff went out to collect laptop @ warehouse to collect it as no stock. Walked around there while waiting for laptop. Paid, upgrade and basic setup and test on spot and get vouchers and points. Familiarised with Win 8.1 lol.

Good services from them.

Last edited:

punk123123123

Reaction score
if u need the quad core take it... if not get duo core...=:p

That's easier said than done. It's like now for 1.3k u get duo core i7, but why not I get a gaming laptop for 1.7k with GTX graphic card and also it's i7 quad core? Isn't it better? Trying to cut my budget to 1.3k man. Life as a man trying to save every ounce of money earn and don't splurge it's tough. Hais

NWT1978

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's easier said than done. It's like now for 1.3k u get duo core i7, but why not I get a gaming laptop for 1.7k with GTX graphic card and also it's i7 quad core? Isn't it better? Trying to cut my budget to 1.3k man. Life as a man trying to save every ounce of money earn and don't splurge it's tough. Hais

but then do u need to bring the heavy laptop from school to home and other places? are u using it as training weights? it average 4kg above...:s22: the one I saw at Best Denki is at 4.5kg @ 2298:s22:

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but then do u need to bring the heavy laptop from school to home and other places? are u using it as training weights? it average 4kg above...:s22: the one I saw at Best Denki is at 4.5kg @ 2298:s22:

Maybe he was referring to lighter gaming laptops like msi n aftershock. Tend to weigh less than 3kg for 15inch

punk123123123

Reaction score
Maybe he was referring to lighter gaming laptops like msi n aftershock. Tend to weigh less than 3kg for 15inch

Still heavy. Never get a laptop more than 2kg if traveling around. XG13 is the max.

well most gaming laptop are heavy, there is no say in that. since its consider standard.

and yea i do need to bring around often due to stuff i gonna do for workload and school. so yea weight would be a disadvantage for me. but on the other hand i gonna be carrying a backpack. so it cuts the advantage by half.

and any other recon can intro??
Like maybe a quad core i7 but graphic wise do not need to be GTX. maybe just similar to NVIDIAÓ GeForceÓGT 840M 4GB DDR3 or something.

xXshad0wXx

Reaction score
maybe u can try lenovo y50? 15.6 inch screen. isnt to big and bulky also has nvidia gtx card inside. dont think its too expensive also

punk123123123

Reaction score
maybe u can try lenovo y50? 15.6 inch screen. isnt to big and bulky also has nvidia gtx card inside. dont think its too expensive also

I dont trust lenovo warranty due to first hand experience.. some crap problems appear example a dead pixel and they claim they not gonna fix it. so I am fearing other stuff that is in the holes of the warranty. any other more intro?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.