LPDDR3 where?

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
Dell 5459. Would it improve performance if I upgrade to 2 memory modules (making dual channel)? My existing is just one 4GB LPDDR3 module. Is it because it saves more battery if only one memory module?

Where can buy like 2x2GB or 2x4GB LPDDR3 ?

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Dell 5459. Would it improve performance if I upgrade to 2 memory modules (making dual channel)? My existing is just one 4GB LPDDR3 module. Is it because it saves more battery if only one memory module?

Where can buy like 2x2GB or 2x4GB LPDDR3 ?

Dual Channel Ram does increase performance slightly, but not alot like twice the performance or something... it's realistically in the x% to 1x % of improvements. It can be thought of as car lines - a single lane for same directional traffic vs dual lanes for the same traffic.

Battery savings or consumption are negligible if 2 x ram slots are utilized or 1 x ram slot utilized - as the major consumers of battery are actually the Screen, CPU and GPU.

You can ram from major tech retailers, shops in simlim, funan even online.

Since you already have 4gb installed, what you can do is purchase an additional lddr3 ram with the same voltage, memory speed and CL timing to enjoy dual channel

Hope this helps! :)

RaptureM3

Reaction score
try carousell for some used cheap deals. :) bought 2gb of ram there for $4! :D dual-channel bliss

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
right. there are many DDR3L around. i am fishing for LPDDR3.

see the volts on the pic below. the laptop memory slot itself may not be able to completely power the DDR3L module as it requires more volts. i may need to test it out, but i have no DDR3L to try it on with, but if i have the chance to do so, i will.

DDR3-DDR3L-LPDDR3-Comparison.jpg

Last edited:

addicted-addiction

Reaction score
right. there are many DDR3L around. i am fishing for LPDDR3.

see the volts on the pic below. the laptop memory slot itself may not be able to completely power the DDR3L module as it requires more volts. i may need to test it out, but i have no DDR3L to try it on with, but if i have the chance to do so, i will.

DDR3-DDR3L-LPDDR3-Comparison.jpg

If i am not wrong most LPDDR3 are either soldered directly onto the motherboard. You may not be able to upgrade them. These are especially the case with macbooks.

jtdcjtdc

Reaction score
LPDDR3 are soldered onto boards, there are no LPDDR3 so-DIMMs.

thanks, you are right.

the stock i have is a Micron

MT8KTF51264HZ-1G6E1 PC3L-12800

will just for an upgrade when the itch strikes, as a 4GB module as i checked costs SGD 27.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.