Microsoft's Surface

mudxblood

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm planning to replace my macbook air. Use it for work and school assignments at home. I have another company laptop provided at work place but it is very heavy. Need a lighter and portable to bring to school and as my main laptop at home. Mainly research work and writing of reports. My friend is lending me the surface pro 1 to try out for the time being to get a feel of it. What I like about the SP3 is the stylus, full laptop functionality and portability.

Current price at Challenger is the RRP for SP3 and $50 off keyboard for members. Is there any place where there is free keyboard? Read it somewhere before.

Free keyboard promo is long over already. Your best bet is to order from Microsoft Store. 2-3 days delivery by DHL. Given your usage, the surface pro 3 is ideal for you.

Fallingrain

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
today brought my sp3 for the 1st time to sch for "field test".

3H45Min lesson, doing note taking and some web browsing.

At the end still got 70% battery life. Quite satisfied with the battery life.

Whats the max battery life you guys got?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free keyboard promo is long over already. Your best bet is to order from Microsoft Store. 2-3 days delivery by DHL. Given your usage, the surface pro 3 is ideal for you.

Harvey Norman has free keyboard promo now.

joeltng

Reaction score
today brought my sp3 for the 1st time to sch for "field test".

3H45Min lesson, doing note taking and some web browsing.

At the end still got 70% battery life. Quite satisfied with the battery life.

Whats the max battery life you guys got?

My "normal usage" about 3-5 hours max. Includes watching video etcetc.

pandazilla

Reaction score
my battery rate is -15-20%/hr (firefox, chrome, excel, word)

today i was super surprised, it only minus 12% from 9 to 3pm. what i used? onenote (touch) for notetaking. minor browsing, wifi on.

now as im typing im left 61%. lol chrome really bleed a lot sia. suck and suck. every few min i go check battery, it drops by 2%

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There's a way to limit your CPU processing speed to xx percent when using battery.

Audris

Reaction score
Cannot decide between MacBook Pro retina 13" and this! The biggest deal for me is battery life for MacBook and stylus + compatibility for Microsoft sp 3.

knightshaz

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Cannot decide between MacBook Pro retina 13" and this! The biggest deal for me is battery life for MacBook and stylus + compatibility for Microsoft sp 3.
If you are clear with your needs you will not be having this issue deciding what to buy.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after few months usage, can some owners give more review, feedback on this tablet?

Jun.Hao19

Reaction score
If the need not urgent, just wait bah. Like what I was told, there will always be new stuff, so if you need it now or in a short while, just buy it. Else if it is just a want then you can hold it off.

pandazilla

Reaction score
just curious if you guys ever have -30% within 1 hour just surfing net and watching less than 15min of youtube? on wifi and battery.

I'm using firefox which drains more than IE I heard.

My experiences with IE haven't been "impressive" yet, will monitor

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
adobe flash take up alot of power, the same as playing a video full screen. IE is the most power saving and dont play youtube if you want to conserve battery.

Vulpix

Reaction score
adobe flash take up alot of power, the same as playing a video full screen. IE is the most power saving and dont play youtube if you want to conserve battery.

Switch to HTML5 on youtube, the power drain is lesser.

GilaQila

Reaction score
Hi fellow SP3 users, just wanna ask. Do you guys use a screen protector for your sp3? I applied a tempered glass protector and find that sometimes the sensitivity if abit off. Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Should I just remove it since SP3 have gorilla glass?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.