Need help with Acer Aspire 5830TG

itsme220

Reaction score
Greetings everyone :)

My brother was posted overseas for 6 months and he did not carry his home laptop. He just back and turned on laptop nearly after 6 months. He encountered some beep beep sound and requested me to help. So I went and checked.

Upon boot initial screen Press F2 to run etc comes up.
Then immediately Beep Beep Beep sound. The sound on remains nearly for 30 to 45 seconds. Then windows boot logo appears.

Upon booting everything is ok. Only Before boot continuous beep for about 30 seconds.

Any idea what is wrong? BIOS does not provide any info.

Thanks all.

SimonLam

Reaction score
if everything works fine after a boot, ie, no heat issues from CPU and GPU, windows boot up normally and work fine..i suspect its some key got stuck... do a key test to see..

I suggest you can also send for diagnostic. Laptop General Hospital can support Acer laptops. Still cheaper than sending back to Acer Service Centre to check. I did my 3820TG there.

Maybe post in notebook clinic under Laptop General Hospital thread, they can advise you better.

itsme220

Reaction score
if everything works fine after a boot, ie, no heat issues from CPU and GPU, windows boot up normally and work fine..i suspect its some key got stuck... do a key test to see..

I suggest you can also send for diagnostic. Laptop General Hospital can support Acer laptops. Still cheaper than sending back to Acer Service Centre to check. I did my 3820TG there.

Maybe post in notebook clinic under Laptop General Hospital thread, they can advise you better.

Thanks Simon

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.