Official Thread For Asus Zenbook UX301/302

Reaction score
Hello guys, an IT noob here hoping to get an ASUS UX302. May I know the cheapest cost for it? (i5) Inclusive of warranty etc. Thanks in advance! It's not good for gaming also right?

Cookie Muncher

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need some assistance here, i went to the shops to see but rather confused by the numerous models.

i'm looking for an asus laptop with 4th gen intel haswell, good display of screen size 13"-15" non-touch.
speed and processing power is the priority over its weight. comes with at least 2 years of warranty.

my budget is rather tight at 1200-1300. any recommendation? thx

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need some assistance here, i went to the shops to see but rather confused by the numerous models.

i'm looking for an asus laptop with 4th gen intel haswell, good display of screen size 13"-15" non-touch.
speed and processing power is the priority over its weight. comes with at least 2 years of warranty.

my budget is rather tight at 1200-1300. any recommendation? thx

Your this budget can only get Asus S46 revamped i7

Reaction score
Heyyy just to check, I just got the UX302 model and i found out that the battery is in built and not removable. Thus, any recommendations as to how to preserve it so that it won't spoil quickly?

RaBarber

Reaction score
Serious UX301L 8.1 issue

I got my UX301L at the end of November. After new year I upgraded it to 8.1. Shouldn't have done so! :( After the upgrade it's (almost) dead silent. System sounds, like message alert, work, bot nothing more advanced than that. Been on to ASUS support. They tell me it's a driver issue. The Realtek sound driver has been modified by ASUS. Therefore the available Realtek 8.1 driver update does not work (have checked to make sure). One has to wait for ASUS to release a new sound driver. However, ASUS support states that it's not sure that they will be providing an 8.1 sound driver. INCREADIBLE!! A brand new PC, and you cannot upgrade to the latest available OS!?! Moreover, ASUS support told me "they recommend that their PCs be run on the OS they're supplied with"! That means if there's a serious bug in an OS, and you want to upgrade to a new OS, you can't! UNBELIEVABLE!! :eek:
ASUS support adviced that I should run "refresh" on the PC. This means I have to totally re-install all SW I'm using, and set up the PC all over again!
I just bought this PC, and ASUS has left me in the dirt! I regret buying ASUS, and never will again!
If anyone out there has experienced this same issue, and has found a solution other than refreshing and reinstalling, please let me know.

tonyparker

Master Member
Reaction score
been using my i5 ux302 on win 8.0 no problem so far.
didnt update my windows. mayb cus i lazy
win 8.1 jus released, never expect it to be stable

noobzpro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im using the ux302 on win8.1 only driver not working is the intel gpu...latest version doesnt work....use the one from asus the rest are ok

chinilogy

Reaction score
i went best denki today looking at ux302lg . salesman offer me free 8gb ram but they are not installing for me because they don have the right screw driver and a free hard disk . Is it a good offer ? Anyone knows if it's ok to put more ram inside than the recommended by the manufacturer ? :s12::s12:

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went best denki today looking at ux302lg . salesman offer me free 8gb ram but they are not installing for me because they don have the right screw driver and a free hard disk . Is it a good offer ? Anyone knows if it's ok to put more ram inside than the recommended by the manufacturer ? :s12::s12:

Wow free harddisk....

duhduhduh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

hpw much u paid for it?

DeadandBuried

Master Member
Reaction score
I got my UX301L at the end of November. After new year I upgraded it to 8.1. Shouldn't have done so! :( After the upgrade it's (almost) dead silent. System sounds, like message alert, work, bot nothing more advanced than that. Been on to ASUS support. They tell me it's a driver issue. The Realtek sound driver has been modified by ASUS. Therefore the available Realtek 8.1 driver update does not work (have checked to make sure). One has to wait for ASUS to release a new sound driver. However, ASUS support states that it's not sure that they will be providing an 8.1 sound driver. INCREADIBLE!! A brand new PC, and you cannot upgrade to the latest available OS!?! Moreover, ASUS support told me "they recommend that their PCs be run on the OS they're supplied with"! That means if there's a serious bug in an OS, and you want to upgrade to a new OS, you can't! UNBELIEVABLE!! :eek:
ASUS support adviced that I should run "refresh" on the PC. This means I have to totally re-install all SW I'm using, and set up the PC all over again!
I just bought this PC, and ASUS has left me in the dirt! I regret buying ASUS, and never will again!
If anyone out there has experienced this same issue, and has found a solution other than refreshing and reinstalling, please let me know.

Shouldn't the original 8.0 drivers be working even on an 8.1 system? Try uninstalling the realtak 8.1 and reinstalling the original drivers.

Anyway, I'm using Windows 7 and everything is working ok except for the webcam, which is no big loss, IMO. All the Win8 drivers seem to work decently on Win7.

RaBarber

Reaction score
Sound is back! :D

I tried everything in the book, including your suggestions and many more. But I kept Googling through foras. Finally found this one: "https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=173662.0". Look at response #13. Weird, but it solved the problem. Sound is back! :D

ASUS support couldn't help. They advised me to do a Refresh. Would have taken me "forever". The above solved it. Phew!

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im using the ux302 on win8.1 only driver not working is the intel gpu...latest version doesnt work....use the one from asus the rest are ok

Eh? I am on 8.1 and intel confirm works because I set it as default and when i play game, it gives me a warning that video card memory is low (32mb) which will not appear if i ran Nvidia

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.