PC DREAMs, THE BEST LAPTOP REPAIR SHOP

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
Hi PC Dreans,

I have a Lenovo X220 notebook (not tablet) with the following symptoms:

1. Finger print sensor is not working and it gets really hot after using the notebook for a while.

2. Sometimes can't power on, have to remove AC and battery, hold on to power button for 30 seconds, release, plug in power. Then it will work.

Can you estimate how much it costs to repair/replace? Yes, I understand it will be a non-committal quote and subject to final inspection.

Thanks.

Hi,

This is an overheating issue.
For issue 1, does it only happen when the laptop gets hot?

For issue 2, how often is that? After you manage to switch on, does it always switch on with no issues immediately?

Thank you. :)

palmy999

Reaction score
Hi,

This is an overheating issue.
For issue 1, does it only happen when the laptop gets hot?

For issue 2, how often is that? After you manage to switch on, does it always switch on with no issues immediately?

#1. It gets hot after using for a while, the notebook is not hot.

#2. Once in few uses. Once it's on, it stays on. But irritating problem.

Do you provide new parts and what is the warranty for the parts?

Thanks

Last edited:

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
#1. It gets hot after using for a while, the notebook is not hot.

#2. Once in few uses. Once it's on, it stays on. But irritating problem.

Do you provide new parts and what is the warranty for the parts?

Thanks

I see. Then it is likely overheating leading to some component failure on the motherboard.
The fingerprint issue could be an isolated issue, not link with the motherboard failure.

If the intermittent issue is not too frequent, it might be difficult for us to repair as well. We need to see the failure to repair.

For overheating, likely the fan is clogged and thermal paste have dried up. Need to do a cleaning, oiling + changing thermal paste.
It could also be fan fault or heatsink fault in some cases, causing the overheating. :)

ayuboi86

Reaction score
Hi PC dreams,

I have a Lenovo s410 which just bricked recently. It can't power up at all. Do you have a quote for this?

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
Hi PC dreams,

I have a Lenovo s410 which just bricked recently. It can't power up at all. Do you have a quote for this?

Sure. have you try discharging the laptop by taking out the battery and power adaptor, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds method?

After you press the power button, did you see any LED lights coming up, or is it totally no response at all? :)

ayuboi86

Reaction score
Sure. have you try discharging the laptop by taking out the battery and power adaptor, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds method?

After you press the power button, did you see any LED lights coming up, or is it totally no response at all? :)

It was never connected to the battery. I have not tried holding for 30secs though. It has totally no response at all.

Plaster

Reaction score
Not really a repair but do you do battery replacements for laptops with built-in batteries? Mine lasts for 1 hour on a full charge browsing the web.

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
Not really a repair but do you do battery replacements for laptops with built-in batteries? Mine lasts for 1 hour on a full charge browsing the web.

Yes. We do. May we know which is your laptop model? :)

dancioleem

Reaction score
Hi pc dream
My laptop model hp pavilion dm4 has a hard disk failure how much do charge to have it replace

schlep

Reaction score
I've submitted a query through your Laptop repair website but I thought I be "kiasu" abit and ask you here as well.
I own an old Compaq Presario CQ42 laptop and the laptop screen is bleeding at the four corners and sides (i.e. there's like a white glow at the corners and sides). Hence, I suspect is the LED issue. Do you carry a replacement for such an old laptop?

Thank You.

PC_Dreams

Reaction score
I've submitted a query through your Laptop repair website but I thought I be "kiasu" abit and ask you here as well.
I own an old Compaq Presario CQ42 laptop and the laptop screen is bleeding at the four corners and sides (i.e. there's like a white glow at the corners and sides). Hence, I suspect is the LED issue. Do you carry a replacement for such an old laptop?

Thank You.

HI,

Yes. We do. But please wait for the response through email.
It is difficult for us to aligned our response if customers start asking us through all different channels.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.