Samsung Galaxy TabPro S

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-tab-pro-s/

Just want to ask if anyone knows the 693 g weight is for the tablet alone or includes the keyboard? I have been reading as many previews as possible but none of them indicate if that weight is for the tablet alone or with the keyboard. It's all very misleading.

I'm pretty interested in this as a portable work device since it's so light and yet retains full Windows functionality.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting.. Should it be classified as a tablet or a notebook or a hybrid hmm :)

In any case. I believe it is the tablet itself..and I would just assume a 1:1 factor for the weight of the keyboard making it 1.2kg?

Last edited:

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
It is the weight of the tablet alone only from the information Samsung pass to us. :)

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! So the combo is still over 1 kg lar...

PC_Dreams... any idea when it will arrive?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
their border still quite thick ah....

It's a tablet, so there must be a substantial bezel otherwise you can't hold up the tablet to use it. Look at the iPads, they have that super thick border as well... unless you can pioneer a new way of holding up a tablet? Phones don't have this problem as you cradle the phone in your palm and that's why they can have razor thin bezels. There's simply no way you can hold a tablet this way, unless you're looking at a 7" tablet. Even 8" tablets require a bezel due to the heft and width of the tablet.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This laptop/tablet hybrid is finally here... I tried it out at the Samsung Experience Store at Westgate. It's really super light... 600+ g with the keyboard... seriously, this is game-changer... the only thing holding the tablet back is the amount of RAM... Core M3 processor is good enough... with 128 GB SSD. But not 4 GB RAM with Windows 10 Home. I need Windows 10 Pro for work environment... so looking to the Huawei MateBook...

SZQddy

Reaction score
Agree, 8GB should be an option, maybe with an M5/7. Price is a little too high for what you are getting as well.

Huawei Matebook is even lighter and more compact and has multiple configurations. Meaningless though as it seems to have disappeared after being announced. Maybe just to steal some of Samsung's thunder.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree, 8GB should be an option, maybe with an M5/7. Price is a little too high for what you are getting as well.

Huawei Matebook is even lighter and more compact and has multiple configurations. Meaningless though as it seems to have disappeared after being announced. Maybe just to steal some of Samsung's thunder.

I called Huawei Singapore to inquire... the consultant said that Huawei pulled the launch date email from their system... I think it's about to launch but not just yet. There was a Huawei launch of the P9 in Singapore and the MateBook was showcased.

The tablet with keyboard system is not as light as the Samsung if the specs on the website are anything to go by. The keyboard weighs 450 g apparently. This will make the whole setup about 1.0 kg.

I'm kind of gunning for the MateBook cos of the 8 GB RAm & 512 GB SSD configuration as well as a M7 processor. Plus the MateDock is simply incredible. It has all the ports I need, mainly VGA (for old projectors) plus USB Type A 3.0 connectors. And the stylus. And most importantly with a nice folio case for holding all the accessories together. Definitely more thought given to the functionality and usability than Samsung. The dock for Samsung only has USB Type A ports plus a HDMI port.

SZQddy

Reaction score
Thanks. Good to know, heard a rumour it was sometime in June.

Agree about the dock/multi-port adaptor. Seems much more versatile than the Samsung one. Only hope it can charge at the same time.

All round seems to be a better option than the Samsung. Hopefully will be priced competitively.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a charging pack or something like that... not too sure... seems like it's meant to charge the Huawei P9. It also has the Sidesync software That Samsung boasts of for their Galaxy Android phones. It's not unique. I think the price is somewhat in the ballpark of what Samsung is charging... expect to pay more for the higher specced model. I think may be $2000+.

mackie8

Reaction score
how's your experience with this hybrid tablet?
looking for excel usage on the go....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.