where & when is LG Gram available?

PsyClick

Reaction score
Lightweight + 15" + number pad + ports seem like a godsend to me, when I am looking to keep my work laptop up to date (running mostly office, and Browsers)

However XPS 15's display and unit seem extremely sturdy, with awesome keyboard (no numberpad) and infinity screen (may not be entirely necessary for work, but still..)

The price difference between $1.8K and $2.5k, its almost a no brainer. Unless I can get a XPS 15 at $2k at comex?

All I need to do now is go best denki and feel the actual LG unit. Any comments from experienced users?

Thanks

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It's available at Comex
gMlOv71.jpg

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
no early adopter yet

It's really light to hold.
Too slim for my personal liking and slightly too much screen flex - but i see great potential in the formula of light and slim ultrabooks such as the gram.

moron+genius

Reaction score
Bought it. Serves my need 4 portability. So far no complaint, except maybe touchpad clicking a bit stiff. But no biggie

h0bbes

Reaction score
Was quoted $200 off $1699 for the i5 version too. Tempting but the keyboard is quite a deterrent... too flushed with the base and feels difficult to type on :(

oldman1881

Reaction score
I have some concerns for this lg gram 15, do we need to move around with a 15.6 notebook everyday? although it's light but it is impossible to smaller than a 13 ultrabook. This is the size which is suitable place at home or office desk, 13 inch ultrabook is the best size to balance the mobility and performance.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have some concerns for this lg gram 15, do we need to move around with a 15.6 notebook everyday? although it's light but it is impossible to smaller than a 13 ultrabook. This is the size which is suitable place at home or office desk, 13 inch ultrabook is the best size to balance the mobility and performance.

It's a no brainer when you can a bigger screen at the same weight of a 13"

The reason why 13" is usually regarded as having the best size to weight ratio is anything bigger is always much heavier. Until now.

If I can maintain 13" weight but have a 17" screen I would buy it.

That being said, I recommend interested parties to check out the reviews first. LG had to make some compromises to get the weight down to sub 1kg. You have see if those compromises are big enough to bother you.

TheSnail

Reaction score
I got Ideapad 710s this afternoon after checking the LG, though it's what I would have wanted - 15" screen at same weight with separate number keypad.

However.......I got the i7 710s with 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1526 with backpack, carrying case and Type C to VGA Cable. Newstead wanted about $1900 and for that total i went out and bought two Philips 24" monitors at $159 each to make up for the smaller screen when not travelling.

I think if the LG had been just a bit better, not much but just a bit, I would have got that and one monitor instead.

oldman1881

Reaction score
It's a no brainer when you can a bigger screen at the same weight of a 13"

The reason why 13" is usually regarded as having the best size to weight ratio is anything bigger is always much heavier. Until now.

If I can maintain 13" weight but have a 17" screen I would buy it.

That being said, I recommend interested parties to check out the reviews first. LG had to make some compromises to get the weight down to sub 1kg. You have see if those compromises are big enough to bother you.

Yeh 5-10 years later you may carry a 32 inch TV around.
Check out the dimension of the lg 15 inch
357.6 x 228.4 x 16.8mm
And lenovo 710s 307 x 214 x 13.9 as a normal ultrabook size.
I donot think it is very comfortable to slot lg 15 inch to your bag pack.
And also using same cpu, same memory, and same metal body, how lg get 980 g weight? do you know that? Or lg has some hi-tech stuff from alien?

lamtw22

Reaction score
Yeh 5-10 years later you may carry a 32 inch TV around.
Check out the dimension of the lg 15 inch
357.6 x 228.4 x 16.8mm
And lenovo 710s 307 x 214 x 13.9 as a normal ultrabook size.
I donot think it is very comfortable to slot lg 15 inch to your bag pack.
And also using same cpu, same memory, and same metal body, how lg get 980 g weight? do you know that? Or lg has some hi-tech stuff from alien?

I am not sure if you are an old man as your name described, but I think you will appreciate a larger screen 15.6 inch than a 13 inch over time, especially when you eyes are not as sharp as before and eg. when working on a large spreadsheet..

Laughinggg

Reaction score
hi all, just got a lg gram 14. for those who had already got this, do u all have any problems with the usb port ? its seems that i cant plug anything in at all.

thanks in advance :)

solved it. just realised the port is tight. managed to squeeze it in.

Last edited:

siaoboy

Reaction score
I am not sure if you are an old man as your name described, but I think you will appreciate a larger screen 15.6 inch than a 13 inch over time, especially when you eyes are not as sharp as before and eg. when working on a large spreadsheet..

It really depends on your usage and your travel frequency. There is no hard and fast rule.

For someone who spend > 6 months traveling in a year , a sub 13 laptop will be more appropriate. It is used mainly for MS application and email or 15" screen is not going to make any difference for business traveler like me. In fact we prefer smaller screen so that it is harder for those beside/ behind me to peep into my screen even though I have a privacy filter

TheSnail

Reaction score
For someone who spend > 6 months traveling in a year , a sub 13 laptop will be more appropriate. It is used mainly for MS application and email or 15" screen is not going to make any difference for business traveler like me. In fact we prefer smaller screen so that it is harder for those beside/ behind me to peep into my screen even though I have a privacy filter

I also spend quite some time travelling so weight was the primary issue with screen size #2 and it would have been better to get LG's 15" at about the same weight and physical size as the ultrabooks.

Working in hotels, on site etc. is easier with a bigger screen but I may have to sacrifice a little of that work I do when travelling to focus on basics if i find the screen size a little tricky - I'm also not as young as I used to be. So far the smaller screen seems okay, moving from a 14", but it would have been better for sure to have the LG if it didn't compromise quite so much. As many reviews have said, I could have lived with an extra 1-200g if it meant getting the ~$500 worth in quality.

siaoboy

Reaction score
I also spend quite some time travelling so weight was the primary issue with screen size #2 and it would have been better to get LG's 15" at about the same weight and physical size as the ultrabooks.

Working in hotels, on site etc. is easier with a bigger screen but I may have to sacrifice a little of that work I do when travelling to focus on basics if i find the screen size a little tricky - I'm also not as young as I used to be. So far the smaller screen seems okay, moving from a 14", but it would have been better for sure to have the LG if it didn't compromise quite so much. As many reviews have said, I could have lived with an extra 1-200g if it meant getting the ~$500 worth in quality.

I guess our job is different thus different requirements . Big screen with/or higher resolution will tend to deplete battery life .

Cheers

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.