[OFFICIAL] Asus ZenBook UX31 User Thread UX31E

valerie789

Reaction score
Hey,

My dad just got me this Asus Zenbook ultrabook yesterday...actually I wanted him to get the Zenbook prime but because I wasn't around he went to get this older model (because the new one apparently hasn't come to Singapore yet).
I find it still okay but don't really like the sharp edges of the laptop which sometimes cuts into my wrist. And I find the touchpad's multigestures so-so only...
So my dilemma is whether I should return the laptop or stick with it. I'm wondering is there a laptop better than this but is around the same price? And actually will the computer shop allow me to return/do an exchange?
Hope someone can advise! Thanks :)

howie.tan83

Reaction score
Hi, just a question for all ux31 users. Anybody managed to connect to a 5Ghz 802.11n wireless network? My ux31 cannot detect the 5Ghz network but another laptop is able
to.
If anybody can also list the correct configuration for 5Ghz on dlink dir-825 would be a great help too. I just want to know is my ux31 issue for my dlink router issue that cannot detect the 5Ghz network. Thx.

SBS8030L

Banned
Reaction score
guys sorry for bumping the thread, but where the hell is the windows key located?

123qwesz

Reaction score
Anyone knows where I can buy the UX31A keyboard cover? I kenna water spill before, want to put it on to avoid that in the future.

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sian...

mine came with the Sandisk SSD... even has a sticker for me lol...

Got any way to change the SSD annot ah? I just saw online that it can be removed but trying to find the chips on that similar PCB is gonna be a pain.

I just got it back from servicing. The guy put on "gaming grade" thermal paste according to him, cause I told him it kept heating up alot and performance was dropping haha

lentan1029

Reaction score
Hi sorry resurrecting this thread but recently my ux31e charger died and the replacement charger i bought causes the laptop to shock me when i charge my laptop.

Just wondering, has anyone encountered this problem with replacement chargers? Or if anyone can sell me their original charger (original one didn't cause me this problem at all).

evilster

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my zenbook just up lorry =x
Now trying to find out is SSD or any other parts =(
keep on looping at boot screen

PC_Dreams

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
How do you guys defrag the SSD? Once every 6 months?

SSD does not need to be defrag as the data is not stored in fragments sequentially like the normal HDD.

An SSD wears down every time they are written accessed as they have a finite lifespan (read-write cycles).
When you defrag a SSD, it will end up causing tons of small write accesses, which will reduce the lifespan of the SSD.

Thus refrain from defragmentatizing your SSD. It will reduce the lifespan of your SSD and shorten its MTF (meantime to failure).

klaha81

Reaction score
Hi,

anybody knows if asus provides the service of upgrading the ram for this model if i bring it down?

AshSim

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys... im a noob in IT. Ok, in short, I need a new laptop but I don't know what specs to look for... I need it for:

1. Normal surfing, email replying
2. Video streaming from youtube etc
3. Graphics designing
4. CD / DVD slot
5. USB ports / WiFi, Bluetooh
6. Built-in camera

I don't even know which brand is good but Asus seems ok?

If my budget is about $1,200... is it possible to get something good? ><

Ashley

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys... im a noob in IT. Ok, in short, I need a new laptop but I don't know what specs to look for... I need it for:

1. Normal surfing, email replying
2. Video streaming from youtube etc
3. Graphics designing
4. CD / DVD slot
5. USB ports / WiFi, Bluetooh
6. Built-in camera

I don't even know which brand is good but Asus seems ok?

If my budget is about $1,200... is it possible to get something good? ><

Ashley

ASUS is quite good but can be rather ex too. Got intl warranty also if you need that.

other questions which you might want to ask yourself:

What screen size you want? 11inch? or 13/14, 15 or maybe even 17 inch?

Are you going to bring around? Does it matter if it's heavy? Or are you just going to use it mostly in one spot? Usually those smaller laptops/notebooks won't have cd/dvd slot

How many usb ports do you need? Smaller computers come with about 2-3, some only have 1. Do you need other stuff like hdmi, mini hdmi etc?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.