Declaration for Languages Level 1 Mod [Help!!!]

CoffeeNeko

Reaction score
Hi all! Would like some input into this.

Background:
I studied in a poly for a short while and took Japanese 1 before 3 years ago, and can't remember a single thing about it right now. I want to take up Japanese 1 in NTU, but how do I go about declaring that I have previous knowledge of it? :(:(

Don't want to go for placement test cos it's a waste of time, the thing is that in poly, the syllabus for Japanese is much lesser than ntu's current syllabus.

Please help :s22:

escapelife

Reaction score
You declare it during your course registration with STARS
Additionally, went you apply for that language mod, they will prompt you for the declaration.
Its either that or thru stars planner. I don't remember that much but its pretty much no brainer. Nth to be worried or angry so much about. chill gurl/guy

CoffeeNeko

Reaction score
You declare it during your course registration with STARS
Additionally, went you apply for that language mod, they will prompt you for the declaration.
Its either that or thru stars planner. I don't remember that much but its pretty much no brainer. Nth to be worried or angry so much about. chill gurl/guy
True, just checking, but if you declare it you won't be able to take the level 1 mod? So I'll have to register for level 2 directly?

escapelife

Reaction score
You already answered your question.
Declare cannot take
Never declare I really duno the repurcussions

hkwan001

Reaction score
as long as the classes you took cant be proven, then you dun have to declare cos theres is no way they can check.

CoffeeNeko

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for your help. Just wanted to say that I ended up having to take the placement test. Shall see how it goes thereafter!

reubanona

Reaction score
Hi I am currently facing the same problem as you! May I know if they allow you to take the Languages Level 1 Mod?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.