HG8004 communicating across cultural context

NUMBer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
paiseh ah! can i ask u one more qn! Is the textbook u bought by Ting-Toomey, Stella (1999).Communicating Across Cultures? did u buy it at yunnan bookstore last time? coz i went to the bookstore but the bookstore ppl there say dun have the book and show me one textbk that reads communication between cultures instead. lol.
Mine iz the white cover one

unleashed89

Reaction score
Introducing intercultral communication osh e book

hi NUMBer, do u still have the notes for all the lectures? Want to see the rest of the weeks' notes if possible, haha. SInce she is only uploading 1 lecture each week.

manawesome

Reaction score
HG8004 Book For Sale

Hi.

I am selling the HG 8004 textbook for $20 (Actual $40,1 year use) for those who are interested.

For further details,you may pm me.
Thanks and enjoy HG8004 (I s/u it and got a S)

NUMBer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dun have leh.
Anyway i wanna ask u know the prof is also teaching which other modules beside this? haha

aurora92

Reaction score
Dun have leh.
Anyway i wanna ask u know the prof is also teaching which other modules beside this? haha

hello! found from the school's website that she is teaching HG221|2021 Intercultural Communication as well.
(This course focuses on how key cultural values are embedded in language use, and how these hidden assumptions can impede effective communication across cultural groups. Aspects such as organisation of discourse, preferred mode of communication, nonverbal communication, intonation patterns, politeness, address terms, greetings, and requests will be examined across cultures. The analysis will focus on how these relate to the broader definition of cultural values in terms of collectivism versus individualism. The objective is to develop students' sensitivity to cross-cultural variation in communication and to provide a theoretical framework for interpreting variation. )

cheers!:)

NUMBer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks hope can take as elec next sem. How u find e course so far?
hello! found from the school's website that she is teaching HG221|2021 Intercultural Communication as well.
(This course focuses on how key cultural values are embedded in language use, and how these hidden assumptions can impede effective communication across cultural groups. Aspects such as organisation of discourse, preferred mode of communication, nonverbal communication, intonation patterns, politeness, address terms, greetings, and requests will be examined across cultures. The analysis will focus on how these relate to the broader definition of cultural values in terms of collectivism versus individualism. The objective is to develop students' sensitivity to cross-cultural variation in communication and to provide a theoretical framework for interpreting variation. )

cheers!:)

aurora92

Reaction score
Wow thanks hope can take as elec next sem. How u find e course so far?

ehh we only had 2 lects so far.. i find it to be still okay for now but dunno if the quiz is manageable!haha shall s/u it if its too tough for me..but i hope that it'll be okay as this is only my 2nd elec so far!haha

manawesome

Reaction score
ehh we only had 2 lects so far.. i find it to be still okay for now but dunno if the quiz is manageable!haha shall s/u it if its too tough for me..but i hope that it'll be okay as this is only my 2nd elec so far!haha

Hi.

I took it last sem and my lecturer was a German lady.
Personally,although the test is mcq,the options given is close to each other.You need to pay close attention to the details of the options.

I s/u the module as I got 50% for the term test.
From what I know, the lecturer gave everyone 1 mark extra as the average score was a bit low.

Hope this helps

NUMBer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi.

I took it last sem and my lecturer was a German lady.
Personally,although the test is mcq,the options given is close to each other.You need to pay close attention to the details of the options.

I s/u the module as I got 50% for the term test.
From what I know, the lecturer gave everyone 1 mark extra as the average score was a bit low.

Hope this helps

Oh yes i forget mention she always gave us a greade up de as avg was low. I did this mod in year 2011 first sem.
I thot it was easier for me to score since everyone score was low..haah..

NUMBer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha i see. My males classmates all su it they find it tough. All my females mates didnt n they do reasonably well. Hnmm

kissmytushy

Reaction score
Hi! Im taking this mod now too!!
NUMBer, Just wanna ask if you still have a copy of her quizzes or exam qns? Or any qns that you can still remember?
Coz im scared that if i s/u just coz i got like 50-60% for the quiz but can still score A for the exam then it'll be a waste of my S/U...

PS: mind if i ask how you did for your quiz??

Thanks very much!!

NUMBer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi! Im taking this mod now too!!
NUMBer, Just wanna ask if you still have a copy of her quizzes or exam qns? Or any qns that you can still remember?
Coz im scared that if i s/u just coz i got like 50-60% for the quiz but can still score A for the exam then it'll be a waste of my S/U...

PS: mind if i ask how you did for your quiz??

Thanks very much!!

Hi ps.she neber let us take back the quiz or exam paper.
I rmb the first quiz i score 17 /20 the highest score in class.3 persons altogether get this score i think
While on avg ppl scored like 11..got 6even..quite low..
Is more like luck also thk second quiz ard15 0r 16...if u combine both shld be A.so i decide not to su..turns out to be surprisingly well since i got an A

Her qns abit weird for mcq quite tricky but if u uds her lecture concept well enuf shld be ok

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.