HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NBS Woes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2017, 12:33 AM   #1

Unhappy NBS Woes

Hi all,

Am studying Biz in NBS Yr 1. Find it hard to cope as I do not have a background in econs nor statistics. (Came from poly bio course) Should I change course ASAP or just stick through the 3 year programme and hope for a 2nd class honors?
cockatoo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
Master Member

Most people does not have background in what they are doing either and I believe business module are much easier than what is taught in engineering.

If you still have interest in the course, believe in yourself that you can do it.
turnbackclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #3

Most people does not have background in what they are doing either and I believe business module are much easier than what is taught in engineering.

If you still have interest in the course, believe in yourself that you can do it.
Interest is the main reason why I'm thinking of leaving the course. I wasn't thinking about what I liked doing when I applied but rather what career prospects I could potentially get if I studied biz
cockatoo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #4

I think interest is really the factor that can sustain you in the long run. I took some business core mods with the NBS peeps (my major is in engineering though) but mostly i can only do well in modules like FM, Deriavatives, etc, because it is closer to what I'm interested in and is the closest I can get to my engineering mindset on optimisation and problem solving.

It is really gut wrenching to be involved in something you don't like or have zero inclination.

Hope it helps, good luck!
Evetheevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.