HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NTU hall monthly rent

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #1

NTU hall monthly rent

Hi all,

I am a year 4 student now. Earlier I applied into Hall 11 because I thought it is an easier hall to get into ( I don't have a CCA guys) . I got an offer from Hall 10 instead.

I was just wondering if the hall is REALLY out of vacant rooms ( because Hall 11 is far from anywhere and anything, so I assumed it is not facing a high demand) or if its just the presence of an ineffective system in place. Later I received an email saying there are walk-in hall applications available so this means that there ought to be vacant rooms right? Not to mention that I've always always applied for and stayed in Hall 11 since Year 1, there ought to be some consideration for this right?

What is going on? Why isn't anyone questioning the effectiveness of this system, something that we pay for ($16 for each online application). Why are they not being transparent about the number of rooms available to us? Or better still, why the heck are the rentals going up each year even though there are more new halls now. It totally defies basic economics and logic.

And now there are punitive measures in place; no more squatting, legally or illegally. To force everyone to get their own rooms if they want to stay. But its getting so costly now, nobody wants to stay.

The prices for a double air-conditioned room went up like this, starting from August 2014: $250, $270, $280, $290 (2017)

It might not mean much to you, this $10-$20 difference, but frankly, what JUSTIFIES this increase? From Year 1 to 4, I faced a $40 increase in monthly rental, and for the same services I get and obviously of the same quality if there are no upgrades to the facilities available

NTU students, can someone tell me where this increased monthly rent is going to? Who or what is the receiving end of this increased payment and why are we not informed about it?

Puzzled, disturbed and little furious,
ETE
Evetheevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.