NTU ppl lip lai! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostWurm

Master Member
Reaction score
If we have module exemptions, do we still register for it?

err just to clarify they will send you an email informing you of the exemption and whether or not you wish to be exempted. that is the important part you must be aware of(at least for NBS).

kcxdes

Reaction score
err just to clarify they will send you an email informing you of the exemption and whether or not you wish to be exempted. that is the important part you must be aware of(at least for NBS).

Exemptions should be done before you matriculate (At least SPMS 4 yrs ago...) and you'll have to check and confirm the exempted modules during the 1st week of school

wahakuy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh eh eh

Year 2 Direct Entry student, considered first year right ? Don't need to register for cores?

draco_88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any SCE seniors, can tell me what additional languages is useful??? PHP or python???

snsdsuen

Reaction score
never ever gonna take lang module again
so time consuming n difficult
s/u-ed
n i think high chance kena u -.-

gohweihan

Reaction score
Any SCE seniors, can tell me what additional languages is useful??? PHP or python???

For the degree programme, advanced topics in C / C++ and Java (i.e. network / socket programming, multi-threading, etc.). Also, SQL for the third year course on databases. There's also Ada for a fourth year course.

For FYP, some projects may require MATLAB, C#, or other .net programming languages (mine was in C last time, but that's because I did programming from the application space all the way down to the Linux kernel level).

If you intend to further your studies, Python and shell scripting will come in useful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.