Question about NTU hall!

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a friend who got a single room at Saraca Hall with no aircon.

She wants a single room with aircon , with or without attached bathroom is fine.

If internal swapping is possible, and if you like to exchange, please pm me.
TIA.

Last edited:

zyzyzy9

Reaction score
Hi, Just wanna check, how are those on random roommate assigned? Are we pre assigned or can we find someone to collect keys with to stay together?

bluecygnus

Reaction score
Hey seniors,

Are the specific rooms within the halls already pre-assigned to each student?

Or is it a first come first serve basis?

I plan to check in after National Day (to save abit of money) instead of 31 July.
But if the rooms are not pre-assigned and is on first come first serve basis, then I would want to check in early so that I can get the lower level floors (personal preferences) which would eliminate the need to climb stairs/wait for lift.
Already pre-assigned!

Sbwn19

Reaction score
haha i also suffered the swop from saraca hall to meranti hall as well. Nt sure why the purpose of the swop anyways but the rental fees are still the same. Was wondering why no freshmen orientation camp for the other 2 halls in nyc halls(apparently only tamarind hall has their own foc link). Wondering if anyone from the other 2 nyc halls tries to register for tamarind hall foc???:s13:

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a friend who got a single room at Saraca Hall with no aircon.

She wants a single room with aircon , with or without attached bathroom is fine.

If internal swapping is possible, and if you like to exchange, please pm me.
TIA.

So how, anyone wants to swop?

eatnsleepp

Reaction score
hello! i got a double room with aircon in hall 9 and I'm currently looking for a single room, idm without aircon as long as it's a single room, anyone wanna change? ps:does any senior know if we can switch legally? :s12:

crossingtheroad

Reaction score
haha i also suffered the swop from saraca hall to meranti hall as well. Nt sure why the purpose of the swop anyways but the rental fees are still the same. Was wondering why no freshmen orientation camp for the other 2 halls in nyc halls(apparently only tamarind hall has their own foc link). Wondering if anyone from the other 2 nyc halls tries to register for tamarind hall foc???:s13:

I also got swapped, at first meranti then now saraca lol we can register for their hall camp meh haha

AveragePudding

Reaction score
Just a curious question.

Can we choose which hall to get assigned to ?

and i heard for scholars they are pre-assigned halls already. So where do scholar stay or do they have the option to choose?

QuietlyAmusing96

Reaction score
Hi, I am an NTU senior student who got assigned to Banyan Hall single, non-aircon room. I would like to swap to a single room with aircon. If you are interested, pls send me a pm. Thanks. :)

antarcticwind

Reaction score
Managed to change room

I had been allocated a room in Meranti Hall initially (single with aircon and personal toilet, $590) and I managed to get my request for a change approved. It was via an email to the hall admin. I am moving to Tamarind (single no aircon no toilet).

Just wanted to share this, in case anyone wanted to change the official way and lost hope. =)

MrSinkie95

Honorary Member
Reaction score
withdraw from my hall already. horrible experience. even those new halls also got insects flying in at night.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.