HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Question about NTU hall!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2012, 11:13 PM   #31
Master Member

I stayed in hall 16 for my entire 3 yrs. Never once joined a hall activity and have very few hall friends from my hall.
haha same..i think most pple that do this usually fch one haha
thenewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #32
Master Member

wah is that how you managed your FCH? quite sian leh if you just go in to mug... but you at least have a few hobbies right? like maybe playing an instrument, a sport or something
if ur in engineering life is like that de.. my friend and roomie that i knew in year 1 also mug like siao..now cgpa 4.8...nominated for valedictorian for EEE..but i think mug too hard so no one noe him.. he prob wont get it

Last edited by thenewguy; 23-06-2012 at 11:49 PM..
thenewguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #33
Arch-Supremacy Member

wah who sia? I oso know sum1 liddat.. mug hard, 4.8+ cgpa and valedictorian nominee

too bad i am sibeh lazy type
Old 24-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
Master Member

wah who sia? I oso know sum1 liddat.. mug hard, 4.8+ cgpa and valedictorian nominee

too bad i am sibeh lazy type
the very "famous" howe li (hai) hahaha..he was my roomie for first year and he tutored me in physics chem maths everything la..if not for him i wouldnt be where i am today..

hes the most hardcore student i ever knew..dun think got anyone more hardworking than him..dare to bet my kkj on this
Old 24-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Arch-Supremacy Member

the very "famous" howe li (hai) hahaha..he was my roomie for first year and he tutored me in physics chem maths everything la..if not for him i wouldnt be where i am today..

hes the most hardcore student i ever knew..dun think got anyone more hardworking than him..dare to bet my kkj on this
hahaha.. never here b4 the most famous eee person is hou yi (or spelling somewhat liddat) whom I get almost all my tut and pyp answers from for year 2-3
Old 24-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #36

hey there, what is fch?
omarnasri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #37
Master Member

hey there, what is fch?
first class honors..
thunderflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #38

How did people stay in halls for like 3, 4 years if they don't participate in hall activities? Any difference also if I join or do not join my hall camp?
pinksherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #39

Stayed in hall 1, hall 4 and hall 3. Each hall has it's pros and cons la. Hall 1 had my own attached toilets but shared with tiong, they super dirty. Hall 4 rooms are old but they are the biggest, have alot more space than the rest. hall 3 got aircon and got lift. newest block then. Was nicknamed 'condo' too.
kimberchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #40
Arch-Supremacy Member

How did people stay in halls for like 3, 4 years if they don't participate in hall activities? Any difference also if I join or do not join my hall camp?
join a high tier cca and go main comm..

i din join hall camp or any hall activities for the matter
Old 24-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #41

i even worse. didn't join hall camp as freshie. in fact i only went to hall in year 2, coz NTU doesn't allow freshies to have single room. yet, im a hall jcrc committee member, plus pple jio me for activities. yet i didnt really care much. just doing my basic job in hall, coz i was also founding a cca at tt time. managed to stay in hall throughout

i wud say... well, joining hall activities is a double edge sword. there r two types of people: those in control of the situation, and those who are just followers. those in control usually maintain their stellar grades, while sheeps... they lose control of their study time easily, and soon, their grades will slip, as they continue with hall activities.

ultimately, i wud say... dont put too much effort in cca. no point. it's still your grades and tech skillset that people want to see, not how dedicated you were helping your hall canvass for money or watever. worse if your cca is routinely misunderstood by the rest of the world
Caulibeam and Rachelyipyy like this.
HWZ Android subforum
siandiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #42
Master Member

Can define what are "high tier cca and main comm"?
weathersohot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #43
Arch-Supremacy Member

i even worse. didn't join hall camp as freshie. in fact i only went to hall in year 2, coz NTU doesn't allow freshies to have single room. yet, im a hall jcrc committee member, plus pple jio me for activities. yet i didnt really care much. just doing my basic job in hall, coz i was also founding a cca at tt time. managed to stay in hall throughout

i wud say... well, joining hall activities is a double edge sword. there r two types of people: those in control of the situation, and those who are just followers. those in control usually maintain their stellar grades, while sheeps... they lose control of their study time easily, and soon, their grades will slip, as they continue with hall activities.

ultimately, i wud say... dont put too much effort in cca. no point. it's still your grades and tech skillset that people want to see, not how dedicated you were helping your hall canvass for money or watever. worse if your cca is routinely misunderstood by the rest of the world
like my cca lor earthlink.. after so many years ppl still ask what this cca is abt.
Old 24-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can define what are "high tier cca and main comm"?
ehh.. cca's have a kind of hierarchy.. where those on top give out higher points than those below.

main comm is well.. the management committee of the cca
Old 24-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #45

like my cca lor earthlink.. after so many years ppl still ask what this cca is abt.
ur cca is only that the name is unclear. ur cca mission is so recognized and strong, that even the uni has its own green initiative full time staff. mine? oh hell, it's misunderstood as in "controversial" to some parents
HWZ Android subforum

Last edited by siandiao; 24-07-2012 at 04:21 PM..
siandiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.