Choosing NUS Hall: Help!

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think SH was chosen becoz there is/ are exco members who are from SH bah.

Anyway, SH is a nice place for a camp. But are you staying in?

dunno leh??? I ish o commer reh you say reh :s34: Aiya chances are, sleeping bag in club room ftw

gentori

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah. but not too sure if the caterer will operate during the vacation.

Thinking of the chicken naan makes me drool.

bearx1986

Reaction score
If you happen to do a little googling around the web, think there's one NUS undergrad who put up her own opinions of the different halls.

It's a little biased i reckon, but at least there's interesting information wrt to different halls and their so-called speciality and stuff.

gentori

Master Member
Reaction score
If you happen to do a little googling around the web, think there's one NUS undergrad who put up her own opinions of the different halls.

It's a little biased i reckon, but at least there's interesting information wrt to different halls and their so-called speciality and stuff.

Can share the URL? Thanks.

Last edited:

bearx1986

Reaction score
I happen to come across this Youtube video that happen to feature the Sheares Hall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaBOdzVuyb0

First impression .. i'm like :O WOW! Look so damn NICE lo .. but too bad it's kinda far from my faculty. But hey .. over the years ... things may change .. so yeah.

The Blog URL for that different opinions/comments about the different Halls ... can't seem to find it. Maybe the female blogger ORD from NUS already? LOL..

I remember she labelling her hall as YOUSUCK (Eusoff) hall.

Ring any bell anyone?

bearx1986

Reaction score
money money money, it's a rich man's world!

Haiya ... you need money for almost anything in this world lor ... not all .. ALMOST .. Your HDB, your parents pay also mah. You stay inside mah. Still money lo... :)

Where got high crass prison? Halls very nice le. It's like chalet with average catered food le. Prison .. u go toilet ... see no boundaries le.. once you drop soap, die liao. Walk out Buttock pain one.

But halls? Where got such thing ... you drop your soap .. your buttock pain becos of different reason (slip and fall down) =:p

kennylkl

Reaction score
i that time went for the tour.. the guides all keep on saying die die ought to try out the hall life for at least one year. lol... i stay very very far.. i tot of trying also. i only scared noisy.. then sianz 1/2 liao.. got pp say close doors still can hear pp toking one pengz... then will be irritated when u doing ur work. ehh when u all say FAR from faculties... errr all connected by internal bus rite? dont scare me sia... pay so much liao later gor problem. lol.

gentori

Master Member
Reaction score
i that time went for the tour.. the guides all keep on saying die die ought to try out the hall life for at least one year. lol... i stay very very far.. i tot of trying also. i only scared noisy.. then sianz 1/2 liao.. got pp say close doors still can hear pp toking one pengz... then will be irritated when u doing ur work. ehh when u all say FAR from faculties... errr all connected by internal bus rite? dont scare me sia... pay so much liao later gor problem. lol.

I think maybe you could try it out for 1 semester. If your neighbors are really that bad, ie noisy and stubborn, then quit hall.

Otherwise, apply for residences instead of hall. There are generally lesser activities/ interactions in residences. So the noise lvl might be lower.

bearx1986

Reaction score
Yeap! True. From what i heard/research on the web ... residence is less happening and more quiet. So it's alot more conducive for studying. I think they too have study clusters?

Not too sure about halls though.

Hall, i think it really depends on which hall and what kind of neighbours you get. It can be very rowdy especially if you are surrounded with socialites and LOUD people.

Personally, for me i'm applying for PGP as my first choice. I don't really wanna get bogged down with too many activities. I suppose those seniors jolly well how the atmosphere is like in NUS. So yeah. Just spend your time with some decent CCA ... party once in a while ... but study well at the same time. :D

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap! True. From what i heard/research on the web ... residence is less happening and more quiet. So it's alot more conducive for studying. I think they too have study clusters?

Not too sure about halls though.

Hall, i think it really depends on which hall and what kind of neighbours you get. It can be very rowdy especially if you are surrounded with socialites and LOUD people.

Personally, for me i'm applying for PGP as my first choice. I don't really wanna get bogged down with too many activities. I suppose those seniors jolly well how the atmosphere is like in NUS. So yeah. Just spend your time with some decent CCA ... party once in a while ... but study well at the same time. :D

decent cca not enuff to secure you a spot in residence next year, my guess the points will be 48 min

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haiya ... you need money for almost anything in this world lor ... not all .. ALMOST .. Your HDB, your parents pay also mah. You stay inside mah. Still money lo... :)

Where got high crass prison? Halls very nice le. It's like chalet with average catered food le. Prison .. u go toilet ... see no boundaries le.. once you drop soap, die liao. Walk out Buttock pain one.

But halls? Where got such thing ... you drop your soap .. your buttock pain becos of different reason (slip and fall down) =:p

got bars everywhere @ sheares for each enterence, don't you think it makes it look like a prison?

kennylkl

Reaction score
I think maybe you could try it out for 1 semester. If your neighbors are really that bad, ie noisy and stubborn, then quit hall.

Otherwise, apply for residences instead of hall. There are generally lesser activities/ interactions in residences. So the noise lvl might be lower.

oook.... icic.... okiee i'll tink about it... yest KR hall pp called me.. ask me still interested in joining their hall orientation or not LOL!!!!!!!!!

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oook.... icic.... okiee i'll tink about it... yest KR hall pp called me.. ask me still interested in joining their hall orientation or not LOL!!!!!!!!!

you join, should be able to stay @ KR next sem

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.