NUS Real Estate

g3n3tic_twig

Reaction score
Hi to all!!! Yeah 1st post i know...

Would be applying for NUS when the admission reopens so... I'd like some opinions from fellows in NUS Real Estate.. Please do provide useful and informative feedback such as school life, curriculum and suggestion/advice (any regrets or whatsoever lol)... Or just talk about anything you want to but with relations to NUS Real Estate :)

My poly GPA's 3.35, any chance of me getting into this course?

Thanks, appreciate it!!!

Last edited:

lapucelle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3.35 is on the borderline for entry. You may want to 'boost' your chances by adding non-academic achievements in your application.

g3n3tic_twig

Reaction score
Assuming I do not have much noteworthy non-academic achievement, my chances of getting in would be slim?

What else, other than the above-mentioned qualifications would give me a better chance to gaining a place?

xLioNx

Reaction score
3.35 is on the borderline for entry. You may want to 'boost' your chances by adding non-academic achievements in your application.

coz like what lapucelle said, your GPA is near or at the borderline of the cut off point.

I think the only thing you can do now is just to pray that you get in.

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
notice this course when i go to the open house

what r the job prospect, can work in the business sector other that real estate?

Actually, Real estate cover what? Is diff form those agent right?

chintulan

Reaction score
Cut off point for entering NUS real estate

Could some one advise what is the cut off points for NUS

Real Estate ? My results is BBCC any chance ? Any recommendation

for what courses in NTU,SMU and Nus with such a result ? Thanks

If I cannot go in any uni , I will sure blame the stupid china man or
china girl who occupied our space .

chimpchimp

Reaction score

I think ur grades will be able to make it into real estate. I got BCC/B for 2007 A Levels and i think real estate was my 5th choice. Yet i got in. Btw, i din accept the offer, i appealed into fass though.

sgsnorgtees

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you cant really blame anyone if you cant get into the courses you want, only yourself for not studying harder for a lvl. it's a good sign that the entry grades are getting higher for local u, it'll give the image our uni are getting better as they're taking in smarter students. at least for local u students.

Geforce3

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

please blame yourself for being a tool and not studying harder, k thxbai

Stallone

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
real estate this kinda degree is get liao go find gov job which accept any local degree one

no real usage, unless u wanna go URA, SLA, BCA etc etc

9a0xing

Reaction score
Hi. I just received a email from NUS- Building Environment Real Estate course regarding a interview nxt week. What's some of the questions they will ask? Need help!

mythicocean

Reaction score
Hi. I just received a email from NUS- Building Environment Real Estate course regarding a interview nxt week. What's some of the questions they will ask? Need help!

First time, I hear Real Estate need to go for interview.

Btw Yr 3 Real Estate here! haha

xxduckxx

Reaction score
lol.. Yr4 Real Estate here.. graduating liao...

NUS RE is picking up.. contrary to what previous posters have said the job scope is pretty wide..

Govt is one avenue.. URA and IRAS *property tax* and HDB are the main hirers

But from a rough survey this sem.. there are alot of private sector jobs available..

Developers : KeppelLand , CapitaLand, CDL i.e i.e... MA Programs for these are sought after and they look out for RE grads due to the knowledge

Finance sector : banks are hiring RE grads also.. cause property is an investment class.. there are a few graduates who have gotten jobs in the fund management sector and into banks.. starting pays for these are above market.. think 3k n above

Property Consultancies: Jones Lang , Knight Frank.. these firms ONLY hire Real Estate Graduates first.. and if they cannot find suitable.. they go 2nd choice Marketing students..Pay range is good also..

So Real Estate is picking up in terms of its competitive advantage.. only thing is the entry barriers are still catching up with Business Fact.

My advice? : i guess its up to your enthusiasm on how you explain why u feel the Real estate industry is suited for u.. lol.. the rest if up to them to decide.. but grades are not the most important.. i mean i got in with A levels C C C in 06.. lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.