HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

NUS SCIENCE(STATISTICS)

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #61

Ahh here comes the usefulness of timetable builder. you can download the timetable builder from its facebook group and you can try to build it yourself. it will shows the various lectures and whether will it clash. Besides it also shows the dates of exam and available tutorial slots. you dont have to worry so much about the tutorials since there will be a balloting session available for tutorial so you can only choose one. so it's best to choose the ideal slot that will not clash with others.
i used the timetable builder from cors web! are they the same? so the main thing now is to ensure that my lectures and exams schedules dont clash right? since there are many tutorial and lab slots that i can choose from?
strawberrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #62

hmm if you are stats major, you wont be allocated a module and for allocation of module, there's a preference exercise to choose the modules combination i think.

Withdrawn (W)
When a student withdraws from a module between the first day of Week 3 of the instructional period and the last day of the Recess Week, a W grade will be recorded in the transcript. Withdrawals after this period (i.e. from the first day of Week 7 of the instructional period) will result in an F grade, which will be included in the computation of the CAP and will not be eligible for the S/U option.

so basically if you have the intention of dropping, its better to drop early so it will only be counted as w and not towards your cap.

Lol. i am using Hp. If u are interested maybe Toshiba or Asus? It depends mainly on what type of computer user you are.

Hmm i think you have to take the prerequisite modules before you can delare the minor. Have to check this out again.
alright, thanks for your advice! but usually people wont drop right?
Old 26-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #63

i used the timetable builder from cors web! are they the same? so the main thing now is to ensure that my lectures and exams schedules dont clash right? since there are many tutorial and lab slots that i can choose from?
they should all be the same. Just remember to sync them before using it. CORS website should be the most accurate. Yup, that's right. make sure that the lectures and exam dont clash. anyway you wont be able to bid for it if it clashes. lab and tutorials slots should be last of your worry list since it will be the last to fit into your schedule.

alright, thanks for your advice! but usually people wont drop right?
yea, usually people wont drop it. because they wont bid for it if they dont want it in the first place. And even if you dont like it u can still S/U it.
Rusty89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #64
Arch-Supremacy Member

there are an unofficial timetable builder.. jus google for it can liao.. but usually i will double check the timing with cors website.. cos it is still unofficial afterall.. but so far, i havnt seen any mistakes on it yet. it is much more convenient to use compared to the official builder.

laptop wise, it is not a must have... i think i onli bring my laptop to sch for like 2 or 3 times.. but the main reason i bought the laptop from sch is bcos it comes with the free Microsoft office and adobe.
Old 26-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #65

Thanks darkzion & rusty89! how about camps? did y our go for camp? is it difficult to make friends if you dont go for one?
Old 26-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #66

Wink

there are an unofficial timetable builder.. jus google for it can liao.. but usually i will double check the timing with cors website.. cos it is still unofficial afterall.. but so far, i havnt seen any mistakes on it yet. it is much more convenient to use compared to the official builder.

laptop wise, it is not a must have... i think i onli bring my laptop to sch for like 2 or 3 times.. but the main reason i bought the laptop from sch is bcos it comes with the free Microsoft office and adobe.

this year only adobe software is free sadly! and btw, goodluck for your interviews! "D
Old 26-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #67

how do you check the format for the exams? like mcqs or structured?
Old 26-07-2012, 05:52 PM   #68

how do you check the format for the exams? like mcqs or structured?
you can read up more about the module u taking at module review website. if not you can read about the format at the CORS website which will provide the details of the modules being offered

Thanks darkzion & rusty89! how about camps? did y our go for camp? is it difficult to make friends if you dont go for one?
lol so far i only went to SCAMP. din get to go for SOW cause it clash with other camp. it's rather difficult to make friends if you dont open up. haha think i dont really have many friends. if not you can choose to join some club or society to widen your circle and to share your interest with like-minded ppl.
Old 26-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #69

Have fun bidding for CORS guys =D!
Raichu29125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #70

you can read up more about the module u taking at module review website. if not you can read about the format at the CORS website which will provide the details of the modules being offered

lol so far i only went to SCAMP. din get to go for SOW cause it clash with other camp. it's rather difficult to make friends if you dont open up. haha think i dont really have many friends. if not you can choose to join some club or society to widen your circle and to share your interest with like-minded ppl.
alright, thanks a lot! i intend to join CCA! only scared cant get in!
Old 26-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #71

Focus on your studies in Semester 1. That's where how your CAP is going to start, seriously yeps? CCAs aren't the only places for you to make friends too .

I had a bad first semester and I'd trying hard to cross the 4.5 barrier because of it.
Old 26-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #72

Focus on your studies in Semester 1. That's where how your CAP is going to start, seriously yeps? CCAs aren't the only places for you to make friends too .

I had a bad first semester and I'd trying hard to cross the 4.5 barrier because of it.
Alright, Thanks! stats is less competitive as compared to maths right?
Old 26-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #73

Alright, Thanks! stats is less competitive as compared to maths right?
Yea it is less competitive than math but that doesnt make it any easy or relaxing. it is still a competitive major as a whole.
Old 26-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #74

There's no difference in first year because you guys more-or-less take the same modules, namely MA1101R Linear Algebra I, MA1102R Calculus and MA2216/ST2131 Probability. And that's the 3 hell-as competitive modules.

Of course there're worse ones out there in QF/MA-coded 2000/3000 modules though
Old 26-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #75

There's no difference in first year because you guys more-or-less take the same modules, namely MA1101R Linear Algebra I, MA1102R Calculus and MA2216/ST2131 Probability. And that's the 3 hell-as competitive modules.

Of course there're worse ones out there in QF/MA-coded 2000/3000 modules though
competitive in a sense that the modules are difficult or the people are really smart?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.