HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Is it possible to transfer from NUS Information Systems to Information Security?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2017, 09:37 PM   #1

Is it possible to transfer from NUS Information Systems to Information Security?

Hi, everyone. I have just been offered a place in NUS Information Systems this year but in actual fact i really wanted to study in NUS Information Security instead. I would like to know whether if it is possible to transfer to Information Security like maybe after a year and is it difficult to do so? What are the chances of being able to transfer to Information Security?

In addition, having no background in Computing at all. Will you even recommend me to study this course?

I hope any kind soul can help me answer my doubts. Thank you very much for using your precious time to read my post and I hope you be able to answer my doubts. All advice and answers are welcome.
unknown_lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 11:54 PM   #2

Hi, everyone. I have just been offered a place in NUS Information Systems this year but in actual fact i really wanted to study in NUS Information Security instead. I would like to know whether if it is possible to transfer to Information Security like maybe after a year and is it difficult to do so? What are the chances of being able to transfer to Information Security?

In addition, having no background in Computing at all. Will you even recommend me to study this course?

I hope any kind soul can help me answer my doubts. Thank you very much for using your precious time to read my post and I hope you be able to answer my doubts. All advice and answers are welcome.
It's possible to transfer to Computer Science, especially if you do well enough by the end of Sem 1 or 2 in the core programming modules. I'm not sure if you can still transfer at this point in time, but you might wanna try contacting the school admissions office directly.
I think it's better if you take one Sem in IS first to find out if you can handle CS1010 in terms of coding. Information Security is like the heavier side of Information Systems in terms of coding-wise so Sem 1 would be a good time to gauge your passion and ability for programming haha.
It's also not too late to jump over by the end of Sem 2 because you would at most be behind by one or two modules depending on how many GEMs you decide to clear instead of your core modules. I have some friends opting to clear CS2100 instead of a GEM in Y1S2 right now~
xWildFangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.