Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By radish
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #1
Honorary Member

clarification on a thread merge

i like to refer the mods to this thread Running Man fans who is yr fav running man?

i like to know who is the mod who did this and the reasoning on the merge

my original thread is a poll thread on rm for rm fans.. however its suddenly merged with an old introduction to rm thread

there is quite a big diff bec my thread is a poll for ppl who already know abt rm

if rm theme must be added together why dont merge the all the other rm threads too?

and why suddenly its merged now? thread have been going on for a long time pls dont tell me only now a mod see this thread
and realize he/she need to merge this thread, pls dont give me the jaywalking talk again

though i am not challenging any mods on this decision since i'm just another lowly user i'm really confused sometimes on the lack of uniform moderation standard among the mods and mod decisions v v random

Last edited by radish; 16-07-2012 at 02:00 AM..
radish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
Honorary Member

is there anyone reading this at all, is there any reply to my query?
or am i being ignored on my 383 poll page thread tat i have faithfully updated for over 9 months?
Old 16-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #3

Ok your reasoning has a point.

Actually I wasn't the one who closed the Favourite Running Man thread, so when I found it closed, I tried to search whether it was closed because of a similar topic. Thus I found a thread and merged the two into one.

On hindsight I should have just reopened the thread and saved the trouble of merging the threads. I have rectified the issue by moving all posts in the thread before your previous first post, into another thread. So now the first post is still yours.

*This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts.
Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Honorary Member

well i thk u and appreciate wat u did and more imptly i really hope u see my pt.
i feel majority of the mods arent as proactive and responsive as u. perhaps there are some working
in the background silently but forget interaction with the forum is as/if not more impt.

yes internet is serious business. while i may appear whiny to some of u, u all must realize
how helpless are the average forumers; try to rem the time when u all were normal users.

this is not the first time i see questionable mod actions but since i dont know details transpired
i cant say much, this time its something close to me and i have to respond.

while it may not be the case here i have to be candid with wat i observed....
i suspect there are mods who were once close to the forum but now too busy with their lives
watever little time they are available, they waltz in, go gun blazing then submarine again,
the result is inconsistent and irregular mod actions... this much i speculate
there is no need to reply me on this just food for thoughts.

yes being a mod is not easy but rem mod powers comes with responsibility and actions have repercussions.
before performing any action pls consider the result. yes the line can be gray at times but u all are
expected to have better judgment tats why the selected few of u are chosen to be mods.

the primary purpose of mods is to keep forum in order and control the malcontents,
it doesnt mean making it into a homogeneous personal ant farm and not as simple as playing whack-a-mole.

not all users are trouble makers, some of us do commit time and effort to contribute to the forum.
no matter how insignificant a thread may seem to u mods rem it may not be as meaningless to users and
this is evident from the insanity amount of hours spent by users and the numbers of posts in the forum.

mods are caretakers to render assistance to users and guide the wayward ones, not a king ruling his kingdom.
Always rem the forum do not belong to the mods and the forum is make up of users, by users, for users.
ethwz likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.