Dispute of Warning Issued

luggagepls

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to dispute the warning raised in the forum Apple Clinic for the original (which has been now merged), thread titled "iOS 8.4 Release!"

Hello,

Kindly note that product specific threads should be posted in the correct subforum, thread moved to the iPhone Chatroom

Kindly refer to the Apple Clinic house rules here:

[House Rules] READ THIS FIRST! The 10 Commandments of Posting in the Apple Clinic!

As iOS 8.4 is a Apple device-wide update (iPads and iPhones), it would be appropriate to be placed in the Apple Clinic main forum rather than the iPhone subforum. I also understand that the thread in the iPhone subforum was actually a minute from mine and only consists of a URL linking to Apple Music, while my post actually had context.

Kindly review the warning issued, thank you!

Last edited:

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to dispute the warning raised in the forum Apple Clinic for the original (which has been now merged), thread titled "iOS 8.4 Release!"

As iOS 8.4 is a Apple device-wide update (iPads and iPhones), it would be appropriate to be placed in the Apple Clinic main forum rather than the iPhone subforum. I also understand that the thread in the iPhone subforum was actually a minute from mine and only consists of a URL linking to Apple Music, while my post actually had context.

Kindly review the warning issued, thank you!

Yes, it may be so, had yours been the first thread to be created on the subject. However, since there was already an existing thread, albeit in a subforum, it's still a duplicate thread on the same topic.

Moreover, it's only a warning. It has no points and serves as a reminder to read the Guidelines before you post. They are designed to ensure that the members are able to find information and/or answers in an efficient manner.

luggagepls

Reaction score
Yes, it may be so, had yours been the first thread to be created on the subject. However, since there was already an existing thread, albeit in a subforum, it's still a duplicate thread on the same topic.

Moreover, it's only a warning. It has no points and serves as a reminder to read the Guidelines before you post. They are designed to ensure that the members are able to find information and/or answers in an efficient manner.

Thank you for taking the time to address my concern.

I still strongly believe that: (1) the thread was not posted in the wrong sub-forum as the reason provided by the moderator in my warning, & (2) a warning should not be issued for just a minute's difference between the creation of those two threads and instead, had just proceeded with a merge.

Nevertheless, it is still just a warning and I understand HWZ's strict policy on thread creations. Thank you.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.