need help Lubuntu file share between two workgroup

itsme220

Reaction score
I have office laptop which is connected to domain. When ever I take my office laptop to home I want to access shared folder from Home PC which runs in LUbuntu 14.04.

Since hope PC is not in same windows group as my office PC but both are on same network at home, how do I share files between two computer?

Thank you all

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have office laptop which is connected to domain. When ever I take my office laptop to home I want to access shared folder from Home PC which runs in LUbuntu 14.04.

Since hope PC is not in same windows group as my office PC but both are on same network at home, how do I share files between two computer?

Thank you all

I don't think the domain matter here.
Just access via smb://office_laptop_ip_or_hostname/shared_drive_name

To check on the shared resources

smbclient -L hostname_or_ip_address

itsme220

Reaction score
I don't think the domain matter here.
Just access via smb://office_laptop_ip_or_hostname/shared_drive_name

To check on the shared resources

smbclient -L hostname_or_ip_address

Thanks David. I need to access the LUbuntu laptop from Windows i tried as follows

\\Lubuntu_Name\folder

This is not working

In windows explorer networks also I am not able to see the Lubuntu computer

davidktw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks David. I need to access the LUbuntu laptop from Windows i tried as follows

\\Lubuntu_Name\folder

This is not working

In windows explorer networks also I am not able to see the Lubuntu computer

Use IP address instead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.