Learn Korean?

vanessawpy

Reaction score
Looking for Assessment Books Recommendation

any recommendations for assessment books for vocab and grammar practice?

any sites to recommend that sell assessment books? preferably sites with English navigation.

my books are all from twochois, but they dont seem to be selling assessment.

Igazed

Reaction score
Experience Private Korean Teacher

Hi if anyone want Private Korean teacher
- Excellent English-speaking
- Korean Teacher Cert

You can talk to her :)
Sunny 8391 3545

Last edited:

Ottoke

Reaction score
Hey guys, any Korean language schools situated in Tampines?

azitis42

Reaction score
looking to learn Korean at sejong or hanok in je. Any reviews?
I've not checked them out yet. But I did my Korean lessons at Agape School of Education. The native Korean teacher was really good. She was really effective, I pass my TOPIK 1 within a year.

Ottoke

Reaction score
There is one located in the East. It's called Daehan Korean Language centre at Kembangan

Yes I do aware there is one at Kembangan Plaza. I used to work there. I not sure about the fees. The website seems scattered

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Sejong or Daehan better? How are the lessons like and is it good? Anyone got any suggestions between the two? Or are there other better ones?

Iamnobodyla

Reaction score
So u all find it hard to remember vocabulary? Because we don’t use it daily or frequently and the vocab piles up, it’s hard to remember without forgetting... how do u guys handle this ?

9eptember18

Reaction score
I took Korean 1 in NUS, got B-. A lot of people fake but they already have knowledge. Class was very intensive, 6 hours a week. I thought Japanese was similar to Korean and I should do well because I knew Japanese, couldn't be more wrong. The pronunciation was hard to hear for me. Have to do a lot of stupid skits and role-playing in NUS.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
seems that Sejong is very popular . Was looking at Korean explorer - anyone tried ?

moshengren

Reaction score
I wonder if any advanced Korean learners here are interested in translation and interpretation from Korean to English and vice versa. It's a Korean Interpreting and Translating Course at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies in Korea.

Based on your abilities to communicate fluently in Korean, you develop interpreting and translating skills in your native language (can be English or Chinese) and Korean language. They also have in-depth studies on Korean language and its politics, economy, society, and culture. You can also practice interpretation and translation. Each semester is 10 weeks, and 2 semesters to complete the FULL course.

The reason for promoting this is because I'm a graduate and find that this course is perfect for advanced learners, but its lack of marketing doesn't serve justice to it. So I hope more people can get to know about this course. I have to say, this is for serious learners and you can expect quite a lot of homework to tackle each semester.

TOPIK 6 is a must. You can get D4 visa if you're here for 6 months. More information can be found on http://builder.hufs.ac.kr/user/hufskor3eng/ or their Korean website http://korean.ac.kr/ for the latest information.

I hope this will help those who have learned Korean for quite some time but have no idea how to put it to use. Thanks for reading my post!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.