HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Learn Korean?

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2016, 12:05 AM   #316
Master Member

but bcos language need to be use frequently to "rmb" it. i dont have any korean/learning kr friends... liddat sure forget eventually @@

so now u are able to watch drama/listen to kpop songs without subtitles?
I don't speak Korean that often either. If I do, it's mostly to myself, either randomly or when I'm watching Korean stuffs.

And no... I still need subtitles but I am able to comprehend a good amount of it without needing to look at the subtitles.
Songs, just look up the lyrics, open up naver dictionary and search your way through. It's probably the grammar that will be an issue for beginners but there're always channels like talktomeinkorean to supplement that.
swordsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #317

I don't speak Korean that often either. If I do, it's mostly to myself, either randomly or when I'm watching Korean stuffs.

And no... I still need subtitles but I am able to comprehend a good amount of it without needing to look at the subtitles.
Songs, just look up the lyrics, open up naver dictionary and search your way through. It's probably the grammar that will be an issue for beginners but there're always channels like talktomeinkorean to supplement that.
if that's the case, will u feel wasted? in terms of time and money to attend the 2.5yr class?
ash like snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #318
Master Member

if that's the case, will u feel wasted? in terms of time and money to attend the 2.5yr class?
No. I can still use it as and when I need it because it's a skill.

But more importantly, I didn't took the classes because I saw the need to have 1 more skill at my disposal. I took them because it aligned with my learning interest.
swordsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 03:46 PM   #319

Any good korean language school to recommend?

안녕, 여러분.

Anyone in this forum is still actively studying Korean?
If so, which school you are enrolled with? Any recommendation?

고마워.
matthias777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #320

Smile

Hi,

Im interested in learning korean from scratch but I'm still deciding which language school to go to. Anyone been to lingo or Ganada korea language school and how was it?

How are the course fee at Ganadakorea as i couldn't find any information regarding their course fee on their website except for basic 1?

Thanks for your help
cjiayi93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #321

Hi anyone heard about Lingo Language School, thought of enrolling in soon. Need some advises.

hi, have you enrolled into the school and how was the experience?
cjiayi93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #322

i've done 3 terms at Sejong. I feel theres more emphasize on grammar and sentence structure than daily conversational korean. So good for a foundation and self study from there.
cheesenanchos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2017, 12:54 PM   #323

Hi all,

Looking to learn Korean. Up to a standard where engaging in a conversation is not a problem. I have noticed that there are many levels, up to what level do i need to go through to converse without a problem?

Know any learning centre that provide up to that level? Main focus on conversation.

Thanks.
alfredilc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:36 PM   #324

I'm taking classes at agape language school at novena. Currently at beginner 4. The teacher is a Korean lady. Her lessons are fun and never boring. We use active Korean textbooks and it's rather easy to read and understand. but after you've learn all the basics she would try to make you speak a lot. every lesson she allocate time to make us talk which I think is great. From these conversations We also learn words that are not in the books.

I do think the books alone are insufficient and it's always good to watch k dramas, variety. I'm also getting other books for further learning.
xReiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #325

Korean Language School in Singapore

I learnt Korean from a school in Jurong last time until intermediate level. I realised most school does not cover each level in depth. For instance, my intermediate level is actually considered beginner level in the standard syllabus. Therefore I quit and look for a new school.

I am currently studying in ONLYOU Korean Language school for almost 3 years.
I will like to share why I picked this school for my Korean Language learning.

1) They have fixed full-time native Korean Teachers from Seoul and they are professional qualified teachers with a certified teaching licence. I found out many of the Korean teachers in Singapore does not have a license and they are native Korean without teaching training from a recognised institution in Korea. The teachers there are nice and fluent in English but they train us by speaking Korean most of the time unless new topic needs explanation they will converse in English. Sometimes even mandarin to make vocab easier to understand.

2) A small class is a better class. The class there all are small classes. 4-10 pax for a regular class. The teacher focus on each students making sure all of them can catch up and understand the topic. She has great patience and never fails to answers to all our questions. After the end of our class, we will have to practise by answering her questions of what we have learnt 1-to-1 with her before we can go.

3) Very experienced and sensitive in teaching the Korean Language. My teacher May Park can identify wrong grammar commonly used by even native or native teacher and making sure she teaches us in a correct way.

4) Good pace, not too fast or slow.

I strongly recommend studying in ONLYOU Korean Language School.
airdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.