Like Tree248Likes
Share This Page
HardwareZone.com on Facebook

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2017, 01:42 PM   #9286

Got online copy. no need to buy...
just go Google...
I see....

I managed to find the intermediate version, but the basic version is hard to find......or my googling skill is downright terrible.

I have another question,: At what level would it be comfortable to start learning dialects like Akita/Osaka/Gifu-ben?
yuukiXkaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2017, 09:09 PM   #9287

Hi, I am new to Japanese Language. I am hoping to take up Japanese Language partially as I am always keen in the culture and partially because I want to slightly know how to communicate with the locals when I am in Japan for a trip this May.

Anyone can recommend some Japanese school for me? Preferably West or along green line, no further than Bugis (Other than Lingo school) is fine!

Hoping to complete my Basic 1 before 2nd week of May!

Tia
clara03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #9288

Question to the Japanese teachers here, do you know anything about taking the 漢検 in Singapore? Google says there is a juku in Singapore which I think arranges it for their students to take it, but I wonder if anyone who's not their student might have approached them to take it before.
lillyelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #9289
Supremacy Member

rather than taking 漢字検定、why not take JSST to test ur speaking
dimitri_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #9290

Cos I like studying for the 漢検 and don't like talking on the phone? Seriously though, I prefer to take tests that Japanese people recognize. It'll be nice if someday someone creates a recognized test that's like the TOEFL/IELTS of Japanese that tests all skills and not just one or two.
Old 17-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #9291
Supremacy Member

as far as i know, 漢検 is only recognized among native Japanese. Even if you pass 1級, i dont think there is any meaning to it.

Anyway, u can try to email to the organization for more info to see if you can take the exam.

City Square Mall 180 Kitchener Road 09-09 Room 04-00 , Singapore 208539
TEL:+65-92272941

info@supermedia.jellybean.jp
http://supermedia.press.ne.jp/
Old 17-03-2017, 11:20 PM   #9292
Supremacy Member

For those thinking of getting some tips on how to pass N1/N2, can join the following meetup event. Its FOC.

https://www.meetup.com/SGJapaneseMee...ents/238492221
Old 18-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #9293

as far as i know, 漢検 is only recognized among native Japanese. Even if you pass 1級, i dont think there is any meaning to it.

Anyway, u can try to email to the organization for more info to see if you can take the exam.

City Square Mall 180 Kitchener Road 09-09 Room 04-00 , Singapore 208539
TEL:+65-92272941

info@supermedia.jellybean.jp
http://supermedia.press.ne.jp/
Exactly, Japanese people get impressed when non-Japanese people get qualifications meant for native speakers. In fact, you do need a pretty high level of Japanese comprehension to pass the higher levels and it's a great way to study vocabulary. I just wondered if anyone might have tried taking it in Singapore.
Old 21-03-2017, 10:59 AM   #9294

Cos I like studying for the 漢検 and don't like talking on the phone? Seriously though, I prefer to take tests that Japanese people recognize. It'll be nice if someday someone creates a recognized test that's like the TOEFL/IELTS of Japanese that tests all skills and not just one or two.
As long as the validity isn't limited to 2 or 3 years, I'm all for it.
Sadist4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #9295

Hi guys. I'm interested to take up elementary Japanese class using Skills Future credits. My friend suggested me to buy a English to Japanese / Japanese to English electronic dictionary. I mentioned there are iphone apps for this purpose but he said the dictionary is more accurate in translations.

Since this is not a cheap item to buy, would like to hear opinions from those who own one and those who don't. Thank you in advance.
Old 27-03-2017, 01:13 PM   #9296
Supremacy Member

An electronic dictionary is more recommended for those who are in their immediate level of studies.

There are some words which the English-Japanese dictionary cannot translate properly. Thats where the electronic dictionary come into place. It comes equipped with the Japanese-Japanese dictionary to explain the word in simplified Japanese.

Another benefit is that you can check the accent for most of the common words, so you know if you are pronuncing the word correctly.
Old 27-03-2017, 02:07 PM   #9297

An electronic dictionary is more recommended for those who are in their immediate level of studies.

There are some words which the English-Japanese dictionary cannot translate properly. Thats where the electronic dictionary come into place. It comes equipped with the Japanese-Japanese dictionary to explain the word in simplified Japanese.

Another benefit is that you can check the accent for most of the common words, so you know if you are pronuncing the word correctly.
Thanks dimitri_can for your reply. I guess I'll hold back the purchase of the electronic dictionary for now. I've been reading through this thread backwards (will be tough reading from page 1 LOL) to gather some tips for which school to go for which allows Skills Future credits to be claimed. So far, it seems JCS and Hougang are the best choices. Since I prefer to take the class on Saturday mornings, this should help me shortlist the schools (but I hoipe I won't choose the wrong one just because they don't have a class in my preferred timing). Decisions, decisions. =p
Old 27-03-2017, 05:41 PM   #9298
Supremacy Member

For JCS, registration only open once a yr in Dec. but u can call JCS and enquire.
Old 30-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #9299
Master Member

didnt know this thread exist until i google learning japanese.

read through the last few pages backwards.. and think the hougang school might be more 1st timer friendly..
once i clear the elementary courses and claim the finish skillsfuture credit, maybe might enroll to dimitri class..

anybody knows if they have a registration period or anything like that? i emailed them few days ago, but didnt get any reply yet..
Crescy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 09:21 PM   #9300

Actually, i feel the fastest way to learn japanese is through watching anime, their variety shows & dramas/movies. Through the subtitles, u can understand easily & can learn the language in a much faster fashion as compared to traditional learning through courses/lessons or electronic dictionary... you can also practice it by speaking simple conversations to your close friends so as to minimize the moment of awkwardness too

If u want to go the extra mile, after you have done all that you can go take up courses on japanese... you'll master the language in no time !
HectorTan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.