NSF feeling lost and directionless.

schooling123

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm 21. Currently a clerk in a stay camp. In one more year i'm going to ORD. Here's my case. I got an aggregate score of 195 and went to express. However i ended up in sec 3NA at age 17. However, I forced myself to study hard and eventually topped the level. I also got the scholarship. Due to my willfulness, I got myself tattooed and was found out by my principal. I was forced to withdraw from school at sec 4. I wanted to take private 'O' while I'm still serving the army. To my disappointment, ITE told me that I can only take 'N' then 'O'. I need some suggestions from you guys.

SotongLove

Banned
Reaction score
If you think you can score well for O level,do it and get into Poly.
What makes you want to go ITE though? True that you dropped to NA but you topped the level and got a scholarship. I believe you can go to the Poly route.

Sent from LGE LG-H860 using GAGT

onepiecepop

Reaction score
u topped the level but having a tattoo got you expelled from school? is there any other things you din say? like poor disciplinary record, etc?

If all is good, ur principal should close one eye ma since u prove that u can put your heart into studying and top the level.

n oso, why go ITE when u can go Poly?

SgUser2277

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm 21. Currently a clerk in a stay camp. In one more year i'm going to ORD. Here's my case. I got an aggregate score of 195 and went to express. However i ended up in sec 3NA at age 17. However, I forced myself to study hard and eventually topped the level. I also got the scholarship. Due to my willfulness, I got myself tattooed and was found out by my principal. I was forced to withdraw from school at sec 4. I wanted to take private 'O' while I'm still serving the army. To my disappointment, ITE told me that I can only take 'N' then 'O'. I need some suggestions from you guys.

Considered SIM before?
Some of my friends after O-Levels went to SIM for a private diploma, followed by a degree with honors. Faster route than polytechnic followed by degree! You sound bright, it might be a good way for you to excel. Degree from SIM RMIT or UOL are also quite recognized by employers.

charlesboy

Reaction score
Hi,
You sound bright. Please stay away from all gangs and negative influences and away from cigarettes and drugs and nightclubs.

You can try a private O levels at :

http://www.citycollege.edu.sg/slp/

Or you can try MDIS, BMC private O levels program. (reputation not too good)

Or you can try private tuition and take O levels.

Or take a SIM diploma or some private school diploma. Or take Skillsfuture courses and go into workplace.

If not, learn a trade such as being a mechanic or cook then go into the workplace and later start a business.

Singapore system is very faulty and there are a lot of casualties from this system.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe you mean General Education (GE) Programme with ITE? It is under MOE which is the reason why it is strict to follow similar N(A) structure in Secondary School. Even if you are a Sec 4 Express in your Secondary School, ITE will consider you as Sec 4 N(A) standard base on GE Programme which is the reason why you can only take GCE N instead of GCE O in ITE.

Do you know that you can just take up GCE O as private candidate on your own by just applying with MOE? If you needs help, you can just go to private school like MDIS or find private tutor to teach you.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.