any parents here? your parents got refuse to take care of your baby/child?

LiteHouse

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your baby you take care. If your parents help it is a bonus.

I know of a case where the baby died due to accident while under the care of grand parents......yes grand parents are old and things can go wrong...

Can share the news article? Was it reported ?

r3b0rn

Reaction score
I read carefully a bit then i realize you and your wife go short trip when the baby only 3 months old.

Sorry to say, lost all respect for you as parents. My wife and are around every single day til my first child was at least 1 year old, when he start sleeping through the night. We take turns to take care of him and changing diapers every 2 hour intervals for the first almost 7-8 months. Same thing for my 2nd.

Your child is not your pet. He/she is your lifelong responsibility, same way your parents took care of you when you still shitting your diapers every 2-3 hours. Your holidays can wait, dont be an entitled piece of ****.

icyelightning

Reaction score
Before I get married, my husband asked his mother if she wanted to look after grandchildren or not. She said no. We hired a maid, which is fine.
My elder son is 6 yrs old already. Thinking back, I think my parents in law do not like babies/kids at all. They come to hospital to look at the baby out of politeness, but never wanted to carry or touch both my sons. Compared to my other friends whom I see on Facebook, their parents (grandparents) are seen smiling proudly, carrying their grandchildren. My parents in law never wore a smile looking at my children.
My father in law used to say he wanted 3 children, which he had. I wondered why he had 3 children if he doesn't seem to like them. My husband (eldest and only son) said it could be due to the benefits government give. I?????
Sometimes, I can't help but thinking my parents in law are treating having children as buying annuity. They brought their children up for about 20 yrs, and the children have to pay back >$500 every month and for >20 yrs too (for my husband).

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before I get married, my husband asked his mother if she wanted to look after grandchildren or not. She said no. We hired a maid, which is fine.
My elder son is 6 yrs old already. Thinking back, I think my parents in law do not like babies/kids at all. They come to hospital to look at the baby out of politeness, but never wanted to carry or touch both my sons. Compared to my other friends whom I see on Facebook, their parents (grandparents) are seen smiling proudly, carrying their grandchildren. My parents in law never wore a smile looking at my children.
My father in law used to say he wanted 3 children, which he had. I wondered why he had 3 children if he doesn't seem to like them. My husband (eldest and only son) said it could be due to the benefits government give. I?????
Sometimes, I can't help but thinking my parents in law are treating having children as buying annuity. They brought their children up for about 20 yrs, and the children have to pay back >$500 every month and for >20 yrs too (for my husband).
Parent's love is more impt.

evets

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
while my wife was pregnant, my parents who were wishing for a grandchild all the while said they were willing to take care of the baby. I said ok, thinking that grandparents look after baby is better than a maid.

fast forward, baby is now nearly 3 months old. baby has been taken care of by confinement lady in first month. and second month by my wife, while my parents came at times in the day to play with him.

then this week, my wife and I took 2 days break to go for a short trip nearby. When I was back, my parents say they cannot look after him. He said he cries every few hours for milk and the crying at night was especially difficult. I mean that's what babies do. Anyone can play with the baby, but to change his diapers, rock him to sleep, and feed him is different issue.

so end up now, they told me to go hire a maid when my wife go back work, and they will just pop by at times to check how it goes.

I have mixed feelings about this. if I knew at the start that they are not going to take care of him, I would have hired a maid, but now I am scrambling to find one before my wife go back to work. also, my parents are not doing anything, not working, just staying at home watch tv, or go market or go out. they are free to live their lives that way, but somehow I just feel abit disappointed and abit jealous that some friends of mine have their parents looking after their children for them.

anyone here also like that? :(

it is really not an easy task to take care of a newborn / baby. Our parents are not obligated to take care of our baby, not full time at least. if they offer, then it is all good. but unfortunately taking care of baby can be energy draining especially when they are having a melt down moment.

most parents are of aged and they are also looking to enjoy their golden years after slogging for sooo long. waiting for the CPF till their neck become long liao.. lol.

you see - your thinking is already warp....what your parents are doing during their own free time is their prerogative...does not mean you see them lobo-ing, they are expected to be at your beck and call.

for the manual/laborious job, it is good to hire a maid and have your parents to 'jaga' the helper. the issue is finding a helper nowadays is tough..from the pinoy - too many patterns, to Indon/ Myanmar - communication issue.

the other alternative is to send your kid to infant care...

but whatever the choices that are available to you, many have gone through the same path and have managed to achieve it somehow. i believe we are can too. cheers. :s12:

mrashford86

Reaction score
Mine too - they say too old to help with young ones.... kinda understand but not easy for me and wifey as her parents die already

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.