Do you cane your kids?

Coldpetals

Reaction score
More of matching the appropriate consequence to behavior rather than caning specifically. Regardless of whether you do or don't do it, it's not the answer to al behaviors/actions.

mrashford86

Reaction score
I don’t cane - bad memories as kid so don’t want my kiddos growing up with same fear of Father

tootyling

Reaction score
Agree. As they grow older canning also not a good choice. They will fight back, argue or worst no reaction to it 😞.

Lord84

Reaction score
I still cane my kids.

It is not about the canning in order to let them know the consequence of certain faults they made which endanger their life or moral.

Most important is not to cane out of heat. and ensure you explain to them why the need to cane them

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you cane their butt or palm, not like last time our parents anyhow shoot type of caning la haha...

if school has public caning for male students and judicial caning is still here, i do not see why caning seems to be a bad idea.

audrey_

Reaction score
My sister is a teacher and her observation is always the same despite the age groups - Parents give in too much to their kids.

Even when their kids do something wrong like disrespecting elders or being rude, most parents simply either ignore or they just say "hey, you cannot say that"

But no explanation on why it's wrong or even any punishment to show that actions have consequences. And because kids go scotfree, they just do it again and the cycle repeats.

So caning is a form of punishment, but it shouldn't go to the point of hurting them. It's just to show that negative action have negative reaction. It's a lesson to remind them not to do it again. Remember to explain why you had to cane them in the first place.

honeydewmelater

Reaction score
I think this kind is disclipline is outdated already - study proven parenting using fear tactics not good for kids

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.