Do you have a horrible mother in law ( wife side)

invigo79

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mother is a nightmare. Always complaint about the wife (some are justified though).

My mother in law like to make Small matter into something big. I just ignore her most of the time.

Now both of them dont stay with us, much more peaceful.

Sent from Home using GAGT

bo liao

Reaction score
My MIL is same.. can be knn at times..can be good at times..my mother also same.. knn at times..LOL

Both me & wife's MIL is knnccb at times...:s13:

Cos their 立场 is diff.

Ginnylim07

Master Member
Reaction score
For me is sister in law. I think the both of us ba zi got problem. We nv talk since the first time we met.

stanleyzrs85

Reaction score
Any husbands here with a Narcissist mother? and therefore narcissistic abuse victim and also problems between wife and mother?

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even sweeping and mopping she got 1001 reason to fault me.. until the daughter have to ask her go out.. but soon ex mil know the daughter trying to help moi.. then refused to go out..

Haiz.. it was a 6 mths torture..
Why didn't u both moved out was divorce the last resort

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI 4X using GAGT

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the complaint about MIL would usually come from women who cannot get along with the guy's mother, rather than from men who cannot get along with their wife's mother.

As guys tend to be more (or try to be more) gentlemanly towards the so called fairer sex, this kind of "gentlemanly gentleness" tends to be extended to his MIL (his wife's mother) as well. Men will give way to women (generally).

As for women, well, the guy's wife is a woman, and his mother is also a woman. Between two women, why should I, so the wife thinks, show "gentlemanly gentleness" to another woman? She might think: you are a lady, so am I what! So, two women can never share the same kitchen, as the saying goes.

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Money face, even wants my wife to divorce me to split assets.. knn
The Women's Charter is very harsh on men even in this day and age when women really are not as helpless as those two to three generations ago.

Just imagine, if you made a mistake and married the wrong woman, you have to pay lifelong alimony to her after the divorce, even though she might earn more money than you. And if you remarry and made a mistake again to marry another wrong woman, you pay alimony to the second ex-wife as well. With two alimonies to pay, you will end up eating grass!

Clearly, the law gives you zero chance to make mistakes. You are expected to be very accurate and hit the bull's eye in your choice of a life partner.

As for the women, well they really have it good. Seriously, I think it's time the government (Parliament) revisits this matter, but then, who dares to risk losing (women's) votes? I doubt even Worker's Party MPs dare to raise this matter in Parliament.

Last edited:

Taloona

Master Member
Reaction score
I lived with my ML for 18 years. Not easy due to vast differences in living habits. She is also quite a miser. She can leave the toilet bowl choked with faeces while we were on three weeks vacation and waited for us to return to call in the plumber. All because she didn't want to fork out a single cent for the repair. My hubby gave her quite a generous allowance every month.

When she came back from holidays, she bought gifts for my hubby only. I did all the household chores. She insisted on cooking although we didn't want her to as she always left the stove unattended. My hubby suffered many sleepless nights due to leaking gas from the stove.

She is now in her 80s and in the last leg of her life. She is in a nursing home now as we could not take care of her due to her multiple medical conditions.

Despite the tumultuous relationship in the past, I will still do my part to care for her in whatever ways that I could. Before she was admitted to the nursing home, I took care of all her medical appointments and accompanied her for her TCM treatments when my hubby couldn't take leave from work.

I don't have very much affection for her but I will still do my part to care for her. The reason is simple, I love my hubby and this transcends any feelings I have for his mum.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I lived with my ML for 18 years. Not easy due to vast differences in living habits. She is also quite a miser. She can leave the toilet bowl choked with faeces while we were on three weeks vacation and waited for us to return to call in the plumber. All because she didn't want to fork out a single cent for the repair. My hubby gave her quite a generous allowance every month.

When she came back from holidays, she bought gifts for my hubby only. I did all the household chores. She insisted on cooking although we didn't want her to as she always left the stove unattended. My hubby suffered many sleepless nights due to leaking gas from the stove.

She is now in her 80s and in the last leg of her life. She is in a nursing home now as we could not take care of her due to her multiple medical conditions.

Despite the tumultuous relationship in the past, I will still do my part to care for her in whatever ways that I could. Before she was admitted to the nursing home, I took care of all her medical appointments and accompanied her for her TCM treatments when my hubby couldn't take leave from work.

I don't have very much affection for her but I will still do my part to care for her. The reason is simple, I love my hubby and this transcends any feelings I have for his mum.

We got a winning post of 2018 and a keeper her.

Fzholdings

Reaction score
I did.. They torture me when i was in confinement period. I almost get crazy.. Hurm its bcs of my SIL didnt like me.

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I cried after reading ur post.
My hubby always ask me y I can't stay wif his mother.

U r very 大❤.

Do u have any kids?

:)

Sent from 慈悲是能量, 忍辱是武器。 using GAGT

Jerineng

Reaction score
many many cases here...some forgiving....some knn.....but 2 put it tis way...even us children born from our own mother ** oso will quarrel n cannot see eye 2 eye wif em...so you tink you will hv loving peaceful relationship wif ur in laws? maybe yes for tat fortunate few but still maybe coz close 1 eye so can have peace......so juz see open abit...all is life....dun let in laws spoil relationship between u and hub/wifey coz at the end likely it is ur partner tat complete the journey wif u and nt ur in laws......bt pls hor dun be rude to old folks ya..if they nt stubborn they nt old folks liao...wanna knn pls do behind their back then later wipe it off and forget it liao....

XGZ1503

Reaction score
Be it man or women, just dont stay with parents. Married means ready to shoulder responsibility of having a home and being independent.

If not, dun get married lah

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Be it man or women, just dont stay with parents. Married means ready to shoulder responsibility of having a home and being independent.

If not, dun get married lah

Second tis

Sent from 慈悲是能量, 忍辱是武器。 using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.