HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Fathers, is a good primary school really that important for your child?

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #31
Arch-Supremacy Member

Chiu child will have to face the reality in no time. The same goes to parents. Finding excuses not making effort to get into elite school ish like saying money is the evil of everything and self-sabotage.

Getting into elite school and swim with the big tycoon. Never know if chiur child classmate parents can be someone may help chiu
Sai777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #32
Supremacy Member

Very important.

Go good school, mix with elites. Compare results, CCA achievements

Go bad school, mix with ah bengs. Compare fighting skills, caning or boys home sentence achievement

Old 03-09-2017, 04:56 PM   #33
High Supremacy Member

Wrong, if u stay east ur kids school should be at west. This is how u train them from young
Goodshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #34
High Supremacy Member

this huan macham you got 2 job offers.

1 SME near your house, coworkers sometimes jiak liao bee, not motivated. slack around.

another job, you got is MNC fortune 500, motivated people inside.

which one would u pick if your salary is based on performance

Old 03-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #35
Honorary Member

PAP said all sch is good sch
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:57 PM   #36
Supremacy Member

Novena area loh (around TTSH there), aim for SJI. i think boon keng hdb still within 2km. might need to check.

St Hilda's primary is apparently very very popular.

Catholic high around BT if u want try.

u mostly playing the 'house within 2km' game.

anyway, im not elitist, but a good school will help your child's growth. my girls are in an all girls school, you can say they really jiak kantang at this point of time liao. the topics they bring up are also very different from the neighborhood primary sch kids ~ in a mature sense. like, you won't think a kid that young would start talking about these things.

._.
gxgx they are getting elite genes.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #37
Arch-Supremacy Member

It sets the foundation mah. How many kids can go to branded sec school from no name primary school?
Even can go branded sec sch the kid will feel outcast to mix with the elite
toolbox03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #38
Banned

Sec sch more important
TzuyuLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #39
Supremacy Member

If you need to ask this question in edmw...

You probably believed them when they said "all good schools are good schools"

hardwriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #40
Master Member

Ur baby not even one years old u worry thisfkr what?
chenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:59 PM   #41
Supremacy Member

Kids don't care about that ****....either they get along with each other or they don't.they make friends because they have a blast together and enjoy each other's company.only adults think about that bullcrap.
really meh, I hear things like my friend father buy him this elite handphone, why you never buy for me. his father buy him playstation, I also want.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #42
High Supremacy Member

gxgx they are getting elite genes.
there are some really good primary schs in HDB estate areas also. u just need to find them out. i think SK area got 1. every year got ballot one.

good in this sense means the school grooms the kids to be motivated in learning ba.

not compare house or car

Old 03-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #43
Great Supremacy Member

So as you know, my baby is coming out end of the year. yesterday I catch up with my friend, he say need to plan for primary school liao. I say isn't it abit too early? He say no. If you want BTO near branded school, you need to apply now, and when BTO completed, just nice your child can apply primary school. He also say if you want to start as community leader, you need to also start serving now.

I studied in neighbourhood primary school myself but the more I google, the more I realised Singapore parents are really very kiasu, got this website called kiasu parents just talk about primary school, and I must admit the allure of my child entering a branded school does sound attractive. My friend told me, if no BTO, see which areas of resale appeal to you. Pay abit more nevermind, don't let cheap BTO price affect the future of your child. Yes you pay lower BTO price, but your child future will be affected just because he does not live near a branded school. Next time when he is older as a teenager, you want to apply BTO live punggol also nobody cares.

Is my friend right? Really so cut throat nowadays in primary school? Secondary school or JC I can understand but primary school level???

Screwed up society is screwed up. So if your kid go to good school n still cannot make it then how? Push him/her down the window.

ahkrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 05:01 PM   #44
Supremacy Member

Chiu child will have to face the reality in no time. The same goes to parents. Finding excuses not making effort to get into elite school ish like saying money is the evil of everything and self-sabotage.

Getting into elite school and swim with the big tycoon. Never know if chiur child classmate parents can be someone may help chiu
I get that but not sure if effort and money is worth it.

money, buy expensive resale, give up bto chance

time and effort, volunteer at school or serve as community leader.

I guess the answer I am looking for by asking this, are all these effort and money worth it, when PM says all primary schools are the same?
Old 03-09-2017, 05:02 PM   #45
Honorary Member

Screwed up society is screwed up. So if your kid go to good school n still cannot make it then how? Push him/her down the window.
don't worry, kids nowadays very auto one, they will jump without you to say
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.