If teacher scold/discipline ur kid, u will side with kid

CoricopatXu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on what the problem is.

But if my kid is in the wrong, the teacher has the right to punish him/her and I won't interfere.

Round 2 will be waiting at home. :/

kyokoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
对事不对人

If my child has done a wrong, the teacher has the right to enforce discipline within the guidelines stipulated in the "handbook". I will then have a good talk with my kid on why this was so. You protect the kid and defend his wrong doing, he's gonna get ripped apart in the real world next time.

However, if the teacher abuses his authority and uses excessive force to exact punishment, it is also wrong and should be dealt with.

That is why a country is run by laws similarly a school has a guideline to follow to enforce discipline. You don't hang a man for traffic offences or rioting do you.

In the past, My classmates and I have been slapped, caned and hit with chalkboard rulers for things like failing our spelling. The scar remains because as a kid, you question the rationale behind the use of excessive force on you from a person who is supposed to be entrusted on your education, wellbeing and nurturing.

Be fair, to the teacher and the child.

mssynice168

Reaction score
See who wrong. Once my gal lost an expensive hp of her classmate, teacher and principal blame my gal n ask us to pay. I go sch hv a nice talk w them. In the end, case close.

Another time my gal got bullied in sch, teacher put d blame on her. I call sch, the bully got punished.

My gal last yr P5 run into another gal in sch, my gal small size, right hand wrist broken bone and miss CA2. I din even call sch to complaint once I realised it was an accident.

When things happen, I w keep asking my gal what happen, ask her to write down, read, recall, write, until she confirm is the whole fact. I dun side anybody, only see the facts.

My gal noe, if she noti, she w get it from me. If she not at fault, she dun have to fear cos there is nothing I cannot settle.

And I also make sure all her teachers, P and VP noe tat her mother is jobless and boring at home. So If they want to accuse my gal of anything, they better do a thorough investigation n get the facts right and ready otherwise they sure get it from me.

Johnkoh1984

Master Member
Reaction score
Nowadays, most parents tend to side children more.

Especially those young parents (late 1980 and above), they will say that they will want to side the teachers. But, haiz...

Those that drive a car, like bmw or vw. Whahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah. Even worst. Been there, done that.

ramlee

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
of course side with kid rah. :(

The teacher is not my brother :(

Johnkoh1984

Master Member
Reaction score
The shiat is even if it is the child's fault, they will just make it like it is nothing of a concern.

But when a teacher overlooks on a marking of an answer, get ready for some 'greeting cards' in the school email.

catzilla123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stir until the teacher out of job lah. Your own kid will never be wrong one.

kyokoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See who wrong. Once my gal lost an expensive hp of her classmate, teacher and principal blame my gal n ask us to pay. I go sch hv a nice talk w them. In the end, case close.

Another time my gal got bullied in sch, teacher put d blame on her. I call sch, the bully got punished.

My gal last yr P5 run into another gal in sch, my gal small size, right hand wrist broken bone and miss CA2. I din even call sch to complaint once I realised it was an accident.

When things happen, I w keep asking my gal what happen, ask her to write down, read, recall, write, until she confirm is the whole fact. I dun side anybody, only see the facts.

My gal noe, if she noti, she w get it from me. If she not at fault, she dun have to fear cos there is nothing I cannot settle.

And I also make sure all her teachers, P and VP noe tat her mother is jobless and boring at home. So If they want to accuse my gal of anything, they better do a thorough investigation n get the facts right and ready otherwise they sure get it from me.

Once my gal lost an expensive hp of her classmate, teacher and principal blame my gal n ask us to pay. I go sch hv a nice talk w them. In the end, case close - So your girl was entrusted with a phone, lost it and need not face e consequences? How was it resolved btw? Did the other parent meet with you?

mssynice168

Reaction score
Once my gal lost an expensive hp of her classmate, teacher and principal blame my gal n ask us to pay. I go sch hv a nice talk w them. In the end, case close - So your girl was entrusted with a phone, lost it and need not face e consequences? How was it resolved btw? Did the other parent meet with you?

Long story short, there was an outing, her fren brought expensive HP, pass it to my gal when she go toilet. My gal keep it in bag and put things at d area designated by teacher who suppose to b looking after the things. In the end, d HP was stolen, without any investigation, teacher blame my gal misplaced the HP and ask us to contact d other parent directly. Parent requested for $1k, at first wanted to pay, but the other parent wan5 cash asap and refuse to make police report. We mk our own police report. In the first place, d classmate been warn many times not to bring the expensive HP to sch and she ignored. And later on further investigation showed tat HP was stolen. Principal still insisted we should pay since lost thru my gal's hand. I told Principal, if they insisted tat we hv to pay the price cos they fail to enforce sch rules, and d teacher admit sleeping on d job, then I w pay d $1k. But I gonna buy d exact same HP for my gal n let her bring to sch n ask her to pass around her frens in sch. So if lost or spoil in sch, then I gonna ask the other parent to pay and they cannot double standard.

Think in the end, d principal realised their mistakes and saw my excitement in handling the case, they settled the other parent.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.