If your wife completely hates seeing yr mum..would u still let yr mum stay in yr flat

happy.milk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
? Why hot?

Respect is one thing... Staying together is another... I'm OK with my mil, but to stay together and keep her entertained will be very draining... Precisely because of respect. Short term still not so bad - can let off steam after... Long term no outlet to let go steam very unhealthy...

She can keep talking things over and over... Doesn't talk so much with fil, nor with her sons /daughter... Plus she's a bit insensitive at times, so say hurting stuff is also unintentional but still... Have to bear + gossipy = no private life, can't imagine all aspects of your life become broadcasted to her relatives, colleagues etc... Say won't tell anyone (but you know her 款)broadcast that time tell people don't let you know...

Luckily she has a social life - colleagues, church friends etc... Travelling overseas

Ts mentioned his mother only watched TV the whole day - he is not at home the whole day... So he only see that side of his mom when he's around...

Posted from PCWX using A mobile device.

Totally agreed wif u.

I prefer stay seperate oso.
Own private life.

Sent from 慈悲是能量, 忍辱是武器。 using GAGT

Ponsuu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not abt getting rid of who. Is whether you all will still let mum move in ur new flat with u and yr wife? But yr wife sees yr mum everyday lie at home do nothing and shake leg in her living room will get angry and pissed...cos she feels she is workinh so hard while the mum is enjoying life and shaking leg in her flat

Or ask her stay in yr sibling house?

Why shouldn't your mum stay at home shake leg and do nothing? She has been working/taking care of family her entire life. Your wife expects her to continue working ah?

Wah. I just hope my future DIL dun become liddat or I will kick her out of the hse myself.

Ponsuu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wife just said mum dont always stay at home..go out and have her own life.she said.stay at our new flat..not nice if both of us are slogging to pay the bills while mum.just lie in living room watch tv..

Then you should ask your wife what you think your mother should do lah? Go out and work? How old is your mother? Does she feel bored at home?

Fortunate are those parents whom have kids who are willing to pay for their living and dont want them to work.... your wife just sees your mother as a burden?

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why shouldn't your mum stay at home shake leg and do nothing? She has been working/taking care of family her entire life. Your wife expects her to continue working ah?

Wah. I just hope my future DIL dun become liddat or I will kick her out of the hse myself.
Good. TS pls take note.

samich

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yr mum raise you or try wife dickhead. If yes wife rude to try mum, u can **** yr wife off

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
what if the wife's mum stay @ ur house... what will both of u say?

WinMe

Master Member
Reaction score
You can never please both women. One is the one you give birth to you, the other one will be one who will give birth to your offspring. When both stay together, they are bound to have friction. Just live with it. Best is tell your wife, ask her to go to stay over at her parents over the weekend. You will have peace for the 2 days.

On a side note, Singaporeans girls these days lack of moral values. No empathy to elders. Too much exposure to Korean dramas till the brains cells all died up. Too much expectation of guys must be romantic, have bags of cash, blah blah blah.. No surprise, when the news broke out more women staying single. Those boast independence, freedom, blah blah blah. When they turned old, they never thought of what their lives will be.

Last edited:

freewilly5000

Reaction score
Yeah - I agree. Better to separate them over the weekend. Or sit them down to talk about why so many issues

Matjes

Banned
Reaction score
Say yr wife just hates the sight of seeing yr mum at home and it makes her angry and irritated..yr mum does nothing but sits in living room watch tv from day to night...and doesnt pay any household bills..she helps with washing clothes and cleaning the flat..mum doesnt work...dont go out at all..cope at home everyday..healthy

Now yr new flat coming..would you still ask yr mum to stay with u all?

Yes I will welcome my mother.
Remember the days when you don't contribute to household income and you created trouble as a kid? Did your mother kick you out?

Your wife on the other hand fails to respect your mother and treats her like garbage. She should be the one you should divorce.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.