HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Principal CORRUPT outcome of EXAM results SKREWED towards ELITISM.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #1

Principal CORRUPT outcome of EXAM results SKREWED towards ELITISM.

IS THIS AN ELITIST WORK OF ART?

Helping those who finished, and not helping those who have not finished - End-of-Year Primary 2 Mathematics Semester Assessment, is this how a society of ELITISM is created?

Please see email correspondence below between myself and the Principal of Palm View Primary School, Clifford Chua Kok Yong :

Sent: Thursday, 26 October, 2017 10:10 PM
To: Clifford CHUA (SCHOOLS) <Clifford_CHUA@schools.gov.sg>
Subject: Class 2E Mathematics Test today THU 26 OCT 2017

'I understand from my son you went around Class 2E to look at each individual student's test paper, while Mathematics Test was still in session today. You asked Xavier to let you see his papers. He answered you - I am only 8-years-old, talk to my father-mother.

Anything wrong with the test paper? Why go to each student, desk-by-desk, for all 30 of them, to flip through their test papers while they were still busy trying to finish it off?'

From: "Clifford CHUA (SCHOOLS)" <Clifford_CHUA@schools.gov.sg>
Date: Oct 27, 2017 10:33
Subject: RE: Class 2E Mathematics Test today THU 26 OCT 2017

'As a routine, I do my rounds in the morning especially if an examination is on. I made my rounds yesterday 10 minutes after the paper started and again about 10 minutes before it ended. The first walk around the classes helped give me a sense of the kind of examination strategies our children are using during examination conditions, (e.g. if they are practising the strategy of underlining key words). The second walk helped me monitor if the children were able to pace themselves for the exam and if they were done with it, whether they practised checking through their papers and answers before handing it up. I did this for all the classes.

Contrary to your assumption, I did not go through all 30 students in 2E and I only look through the ones who had finished the paper to ensure that all questions have been attempted. At P2 and sitting for a major exam, the children can sometimes get careless. Xavier had finished and seeing that he was getting restless, I walked past him and just asked him if he had checked his paper thoroughly and if I could have a look. He refused and I left it at that and continued my rounds to others who were done. I did not understand his remark for me to talk to you.'

Date: Nov 2, 2017 17:27
Subject: CLIFFORD CHUA LIED & CHEATED ON Class 2E Mathematics Semester Assessment on THU 26 OCT 2017.
Cc: <Clifford_CHUA@schools.gov.sg>

'Is this CHEATING?

Is this COMPROMISING the INTEGRITY of putting children through End-of-Year Semester Assessment?

IS THIS MOE'S IDEA OF FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY?

IS THIS THE INTEGRITY OF CIVIL SERVICE?

QUESTION (1) :
Clifford Chua said - "As a routine, I do my rounds in the morning especially if an examination is on. ... ... I did this for all the classes."

I AM PUZZLED. Clifford Chua did not do this in Term 2 and Term 3. If he did, with the reaction my son gave to him when he flipped the test papers of students who were still struggling to finish and check their work on THU 26 OCT 2017 - Term 4 Mathematics Semester Assessment, I would most certainly know about Clifford Chua's "routine" since Term 2 and Term 3 Primary 2 Mathematics examination, yes?

Xavier scored FULL MARKS in Term 2 and Term 3. He also finished early enough to correct his mistakes by checking his work over and over again. Xavier did not see his Principal, Clifford Chua, enter the classroom on both occasions - Term 2 and Term 3.

QUESTION (2) :
Clifford Chua said - "I made my rounds yesterday 10 minutes after the paper started and again about 10 minutes before it ended. ... ... I did this for all the classes."

I AM CURIOUS. If he did, Clifford Chua's Mathematics failed. There are 8 classes - Primary 2A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H. Each class consists of 30 students, Primary 2 level has 240 students.

The fastest he can go walking row-by-row, flipping test papers for each student, is to spend a maximum time of 3 minutes each class, or a minimum of 2 minutes each class.

SCENARIO #1 :
Taking the minimum time of 2 minutes spent on each class, the accumulated time is :
- Class 2A = 2 minutes
START OF "10 minutes before it ended."
- Class 2B = 2A + 2 min = 4 minutes
- Class 2C = 2A + 2B + 2 min = 6 min
- Class 2D = 2A + ... + 2min = 8 min
- Class 2E = 2A + ... + 2min = 10 min
END OF MATHEMATICS SAT PAPERS
What happened to Class 2F, 2G and 2H?

SCENARIO #2 :
Taking that Clifford Chua started from Class 2H :
- Class 2H = 2 minutes
START OF "10 minutes before it ended."
- Class 2G = 2H + 2 min = 4 minutes
- Class 2F = 2H + 2G + 2 min = 6 min
- Class 2E = 2H + ... + 2min = 8 min
- Class 2D = 2H + ... + 2min = 10 min
END OF MATHEMATICS SAT PAPERS
What happened to Class 2C, 2B and 2A?

QUESTION (3) :
Clifford Chua said - "The second walk helped me monitor if the children were able to pace themselves for the exam and if they were done with it, whether they practised checking through their papers and answers before handing it up. I did this for all the classes."

Can students be helped during test? CHEATING.

And, Clifford Chua, flipped their papers while test was still in session? CHEATING.

So what happens when Clifford Chua notices students did not "practised checking through their papers and answers before handing it up"?
- is Clifford Chua telling them on the spot to do what they have not done?
- is Clifford Chua indirectly telling them by his actions on the spot to do what they have not done?

As a Principal, does Clifford Chua not have the consciousness to understand that by flipping through the pages, answers can be visible to other students sitting close enough to gain opportunity to copy answers from papers he is flipping?

QUESTION (4) :
Clifford Chua said - "I only look through the ones who had finished the paper to ensure that all questions have been attempted."

Yet, again, I query, what happens when Clifford Chua notices students "the ones who had finished the paper" did not attempt all questions?

Clifford Chua said "to ensure". That is, "I only look through the ones who had finished the paper to ensure that all questions have been attempted."
- is Clifford Chua telling them on the spot to do what they have not done?
- is Clifford Chua indirectly telling them by his actions on the spot to do what they have not done?

What is the purpose of an invigilator?

QUESTION (5) :
Clifford Chua said - "At P2 and sitting for a major exam, the children can sometimes get careless."

And, DISTRACTION, is not Clifford Chua's CONCERN?

"children can sometimes get careless" but Clifford Chua's ACTION of :
- flipping papers,
- his voice looming over a very quiet and tense atmosphere
- breaking the students concentration
- breaking the students flow of thoughts
- breaking the students focus in answering the questions
- losing their thoughts momentarily
- rethinking on their answers which they were confident of until Clifford Chua's untimely presence
- DISTRACTION
- TIME LOST

So, I query Clifford Chua's INTENTION :
- to HELP students who FINISHED early, thereby CORRUPTING the OUTCOME of the results to be SKREWED
- and, DISENGAGE students who are still STRUGGLING, feeling DISCOURAGED and HELPLESS against the help given to students who finished earlier then them, as their PRIVACY is INTRUDED and their EFFORTS and DIGNITY DEBASED by Clifford Chua's untimely presence IN FAVOUR OF STUDENTS WHO FINISHED EARLY.

If Clifford Chua has not been known to LIE, his unwarranted actions towards students still struggling to finish off their test papers especially so when time is no longer on their side, can be assumed to be wrong but unintentionally wrong.

But, Clifford Chua HAS BEEN KNOWN TO LIE, his unwarranted actions towards students still struggling to finish off their test papers especially so when time is no longer on their side, IS WRONG AND INTENTIONALLY WRONG.

EVERYTHING IS SEEN AT THE EDGE OF THE WORD - TRUST.'

There has been NO REPLY after this email of mine, and it has been 1 WEEK since Nov 2, 2017.

Is this ELITISM? Is ELITISM fair? What are we teaching children aged 7-12?

That the world is not fair?... I thought that syllabus is taught at the University of Life? Are children aged 7-12 ready for University?

... ... PERHAPS. And, it is taught behind fenced-up walls and padlocked gates, where parents, legal guardians, are subjected to restricted entry.
Kristen Chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

nobody cares. how old are you ts?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #3

Question

Oh dear...so much angst?

There is probably more to this that what's shared...'cos it barely made any sense?

>>> Parenting, Kids & Early Learning
forum <<<
zensushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:38 PM   #4

Principal helps students to cheat. Principal inculcates students to cheat. And, Principal thinks he is right because academic results are that much more important than HONESTY.

Back track to :
'Primary 5 boy who fell to his death at Fernvale Link: Mum believes he killed himself over exam results while dad feels it was an accident'
Posted on 21 October 2016 | 30,661 views | 19 comments
Shaffiq Alkhatib
The New Paper
October 21, 2016
(http://stomp.straitstimes.com/
singapore-seen/singapore/
primary-5-boy-who-fell-to-his-death-at-fernvale-link-mother-believed-he)

Are academic results far more important than the INTEGRITY of a Primary 2 End-of-Year Examination?

Are academic results far more important than MORAL VALUES?

Are academic results that much more important that you rather CHEAT than achieve average academic results?

Are academic results that much more important that you rather DIE than achieve academic failure?

What is the basis of going to school?

What is the basis of Compulsory Education?

Isn't EDUCATION suppose to HELP you lead A BETTER LIFE and LIFT you out of a vicious POVERTY cycle, so that you can be rich not just in EMPLOYABILITY but also rich in SPIRIT and HUMANITY?

Pursue my disclosure so that parents can understand what they have LOST when a Principal actively favour their children to do even better by making CHEATING during an examination look admissible, justified, legitimate.

When students do well, who does well in sync with the students?

When students present themselves as a problem child (eg. Benjamin Lim) or a child with an average and lower academic success (eg. Primary 5 boy), who are the 1st to be out of sync with the students and ostracize these children?

Where does the buck stop? Who really started the persecution of children and their childhood?

No child ever asked to be born. Why are we making them so weak by fearing to fail academically?

No child ever asked to be born. Why are we not making them stronger by braving the mentality that failing academically does not define a person to be morally bad?

(On the contrary, Principal Clifford Chua Kok Yong is righteously bad in morals.)

No child ever asked to be born. Why burden them with adult-size expectations, and thereby, an adult-size wrath cast from the absence of an umbilical-bond? Born not out-of-love, but out-of-superficial-career-expectations?

When the society accepts that mothers are to be blamed, the society commits the injustice of letting go of the real culprits - the Teachers, the Principals.

Note :
11-year-old caned severely on thigh instead of buttocks – did school break rules?
August 25, 20175139
(http://www.theindependent.sg/
11-year-old-caned-severely-on-thigh-instead-of-buttocks-did-school-break-rules/)

Family of Benjamin Lim seeking donations in their legal action against MOE and SPF
Published on 2017-10-12 by The Online Citizen
(https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2017/10/12/
family-of-benjamin-lim-seeking-donations-in-their-legal-action-against-moe-and-spf/)

Last edited by Kristen Chua; 11-11-2017 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: Note.
Kristen Chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:56 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

nobody cares. how old are you ts?
南欧
Its all about money

Morals is nothing

Money is all impt factor in mans amoral standing
kannis_ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:41 PM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

I do remember my teacher flipped through my paper towards the end of the exam and ask me why i never do the questions.

Sent from The Magical Land Of Talking Pillows, Bolsters & Blankets; Far, Far Away Deep In Another Galaxy using GAGT
mypillowtalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:32 AM   #7
Supremacy Member

TS is offended teachers bother to ask those who finish early to double check their answers and finish every question??
01asdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Wtf is this shiat? Helicopter parent much?

Sent from Home using GAGT
invigo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:13 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ooops. Wrong forum

Sent from 我被超级白人击败了 using GAGT
danny8x8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #10

????

do u have something personal against the principal?

why put in the effort to shoot such long emails?

like what others said, maybe there is a back story to this.
prettymussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2017, 05:12 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

Huh wtf is this ****?
gladiusgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #12
Master Member

Actually TS should shoot to MOE if it bothers her so much.

I do think that it is senseless for the principal to flip through the papers if he do not intend to remind them. All the crap about checking if students underlined key words can be flagged out during the marking of papers and highlight to the students thereafter.
Flex11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2017, 11:46 PM   #13

I can only say this. If your son is taught what he said to the P, ah well.... Hope it doesn't boomerang back to you when he grows up. To have such angst against a seemingly innocent act and to have your son reacting in the way which you are equally guilty of, good luck to you. You will need it.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.