Resigning after maternity leave must pay back benefits?

Sharonyap2505

Reaction score
Has anyone resigned after their 16 week maternity leave immediately after coming back to work?

I have thoughts of resigning but not sure if my company will allow or not. Kinda difficult to work in this place already because the employer treats their employees like ****.

I have a 2 month notice period which I need to serve. During the 2 months, I'm also thinking if I should utilize my AL of 20 days and my CCL of 6 days. This can cut short my notice period down to one month.

Question is, if I resign on the first day, will it give off a bad impression?

Imamage

Reaction score
I had collegue who resigned just before maternity leave ends, need to payback $ for notice period.

Benefits should not be claw back.

If u have leaves can offset

Sharonyap2505

Reaction score
I had collegue who resigned just before maternity leave ends, need to payback $ for notice period.

Benefits should not be claw back.

If u have leaves can offset

Knowing that my company HR is very scheming, I'm concerned that they will ask me to pay back the benefits after I give my resignation letter and will not approve my AL/CCL.

My employer has the tendency to become nasty whenever an employee tenders his/her resignation. Down to the point where little mistakes can penalize and deduct pay all that.

Evvvel

Reaction score
Has anyone resigned after their 16 week maternity leave immediately after coming back to work?

I have thoughts of resigning but not sure if my company will allow or not. Kinda difficult to work in this place already because the employer treats their employees like ****.

I have a 2 month notice period which I need to serve. During the 2 months, I'm also thinking if I should utilize my AL of 20 days and my CCL of 6 days. This can cut short my notice period down to one month.

If you already intend to quit, I don't think you need to worry about bad impression, I feel.

mickey88

Master Member
Reaction score
Go and chk mom website. you cannot use maternity, or parenting leave to offset notice period

sagiluck

Reaction score

you can resign after back from maternity

As for clearing leave, you can only clear the earned leave, not total entitlement for the year. That is if your HR allow, some don't and let you encash instead.

CCL, you cant use once tendered, even approved prior, it will be cancelled.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.