HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Resigning after maternity leave must pay back benefits?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sharonyap2505

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #1

Resigning after maternity leave must pay back benefits?

Has anyone resigned after their 16 week maternity leave immediately after coming back to work?

I have thoughts of resigning but not sure if my company will allow or not. Kinda difficult to work in this place already because the employer treats their employees like ****.

I have a 2 month notice period which I need to serve. During the 2 months, I'm also thinking if I should utilize my AL of 20 days and my CCL of 6 days. This can cut short my notice period down to one month.

Question is, if I resign on the first day, will it give off a bad impression?
Sharonyap2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:28 PM   #2

I had collegue who resigned just before maternity leave ends, need to payback $ for notice period.

Benefits should not be claw back.

If u have leaves can offset
Imamage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:36 PM   #3

I had collegue who resigned just before maternity leave ends, need to payback $ for notice period.

Benefits should not be claw back.

If u have leaves can offset
Knowing that my company HR is very scheming, I'm concerned that they will ask me to pay back the benefits after I give my resignation letter and will not approve my AL/CCL.

My employer has the tendency to become nasty whenever an employee tenders his/her resignation. Down to the point where little mistakes can penalize and deduct pay all that.
pdsubraa likes this.
Sharonyap2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #4

Knowing that my company HR is very scheming, I'm concerned that they will ask me to pay back the benefits after I give my resignation letter and will not approve my AL/CCL.

My employer has the tendency to become nasty whenever an employee tenders his/her resignation. Down to the point where little mistakes can penalize and deduct pay all that.
I agree to your point!

However, it depends on the Employer!
pdsubraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 01:07 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Does not sound reasonable to claw back benefits. Can complain MOM?
mummy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #6

Has anyone resigned after their 16 week maternity leave immediately after coming back to work?

I have thoughts of resigning but not sure if my company will allow or not. Kinda difficult to work in this place already because the employer treats their employees like ****.

I have a 2 month notice period which I need to serve. During the 2 months, I'm also thinking if I should utilize my AL of 20 days and my CCL of 6 days. This can cut short my notice period down to one month.

Question is, if I resign on the first day, will it give off a bad impression?
If you already intend to quit, I don't think you need to worry about bad impression, I feel.
Evvvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #7

Does not sound reasonable to claw back benefits. Can complain MOM?
Mummy. U tink work. Truly mummy lah
BwaySaiBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #8

Go and chk mom website. you cannot use maternity, or parenting leave to offset notice period
mickey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.