HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Shichida, Heguru and Glenn Doman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2017, 09:55 PM   #1

Shichida, Heguru and Glenn Doman

Anyone sent their kids for any of the above courses?

If u did, do u feel that it works?

If u choose not to, is it because u researched on it and don't think it works?

Thinking whether I should send my kid for any of the courses
Memphi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #2

My girl has been attending henguru since 1+, now 4 yo but i think is still early to tell if it works.

Initally, I tired shichida which focus more on motor skills. Changed teacher twice, no good, then I left. Henguru focus more on problem solving and creativity. Most important, you must have a good tutor as she will progress together with your child. After sending your kids there, you need to do homework and practice at home (e.g. dot bar (maths)).
Arcanell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #3

How do u determine if it works? I thought 2+ years already should see some sort of improvement in some areas?
Memphi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #4

Children at this age (<4 years old) is all about play and play. They still don't know what is homework (addition, flash cards.. etc). Most just follow the parents to class and go with the flow. Although early exposure may give them a head start in Kinder or Primary level. This is also where you'll find out their interest (like mine likes colouring) and their strength and weakness.
Old 20-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
Master Member

I'm thinking of sending my 2 year old to heguru but a bit sian of having to be there for the full 50mins. In the meantime I spend 15mins for each kid on Chinese, and my wife another 15mins on English everyday. Hoping it will help somewhat..

Sent from HUAWEI STF-AL10 using GAGT
swirl360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nephew attended heguru since 2-3

Stop after 12-18 maths

Heard that he reads many books per night

Maybe they teach speeding?

Watch YouTube videos and surely will see them showing children turning book pages very quickly

Nephew now k2, so far so good, everything like quite normal

He had younger brother, parents not sending 2nd son to heguru

Now both do normal activities eg drawjng and music
blues7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #7

Actually don't expect your kids to be a genius after attending all these enrichment class. It very much depends on your kid's learning ability. Most kids at age 2+ still can't comprehend instructions thus you have to attend the class with him. At the end of every H's session, there are 2 tasks you'll need to do with your kids at home. If are still clueless on how you can teach your kids at home, you may purchase the worksheets (homework).
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.