Should I let my Son go Express in Neighbourhood school or N(A) in better schools?

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Let ur child decide? My psle is 188.. just nice go express.. then went jc.. go ntu.. luck play a bit part too.. and the friends..

Sounds like one of my colleague. He got 191 marks.. Went express steam last class in his secondary school.

But got into jc, then into ntu and scored well enough to take up ASTAR scholarship. He's now a phd holder working as research team manager in the private sector after completing his bond in astar.

SuperDuperMe

Reaction score
express any time. the influence in NA is not the best of all. I'm sure there are good ones, but the chance you gonna meet those better ones are quite hard.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My score 18x went express to poly..den nTU..

Initially I blamed my mum because if I could go Normal I could stick with my friends..

I agree totally is the people u mix..I was thrown into a sec sch not my choice by MOE ..den my mum wanted me to change since that school seems lousy..appealed to change.. end up MOE throw me to some other school

On my first day there since I was a last min guy..was thrown to the 2nd best class despite my result..

Then duno why.the class I am in end up top the whole school yearly..despite the cui psle score mix in the class.

The top 10 in school all came from my class. The so call best class can't even squeeze 1 into top 10....so guess I was lucky with good mix of hardworking or late boomers

Till now..I am super thankful of my mum insistent...nv regret

Last edited:

MinorSage

Reaction score
Elite school got NA ?

my time dont even have express stream.

all special stream leb

couch.potato

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My score 18x went express to poly..den nTU..

Initially I blamed my mum because if I could go Normal I could stick with my friends..

I agree totally is the people u mix..I was thrown into a sec sch not my choice by MOE ..den my mum wanted me to change since that school seems lousy..appealed to change.. end up MOE throw me to some other school

On my first day there since I was a last min guy..was thrown to the 2nd best class despite my result..

Then duno why.the class I am in end up top the whole school yearly..despite the cui psle score mix in the class.

The top 10 in school all came from my class. The so call best class can't even squeeze 1 into top 10....so guess I was lucky with good mix of hardworking or late boomers

Till now..I am super thankful of my mum insistent...nv regret

Hmm, I think also must see the school good anot right?
A lot of neighborhood schools' express also so-so only, in fact, don't get very good results.
(But just see someone quote, if wanna go Poly, then yes, Express in Neighborhood schools should be all right!)

And also must see if the kid is just late bloomer, or really study slower. Some people are good at studies just need a bit more time. If that's the case, NA might help him out a lot, especially if it's NA at a good school.

My worry is will be "chi li" for him to try and keep up with Express, if he's not simply late bloomer but just take more time to study.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think also must see the school good anot right?
A lot of neighborhood schools' express also so-so only, in fact, don't get very good results.
(But just see someone quote, if wanna go Poly, then yes, Express in Neighborhood schools should be all right!)

And also must see if the kid is just late bloomer, or really study slower. Some people are good at studies just need a bit more time. If that's the case, NA might help him out a lot, especially if it's NA at a good school.

Hmmm my school was quite lousy in fact when I went in it was ranked 146th lololol

But since I am able to enter JC (of course not those top few kind) I think is good enough

couch.potato

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm my school was quite lousy in fact when I went in it was ranked 146th lololol

But since I am able to enter JC (of course not those top few kind) I think is good enough

I think my qn is must assess why this kid can't do that well at PSLE lor.
Like you said, you are late bloomer, maybe just you young that time never really pay attention or what and your company.

But some people really just need more time... Simple as that. Is trying but need slower syllabus...

So I think must adjust to the student's ability and also current situation. :o

But awesome for you though!! :)

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also thinking for his younger bro as his younger bro's results in P2 so far poorer than his, so I think likely end up in N(A) so might as well let both of them be in N(A) so younger one won't feel so bad....
Sorry to say but seems ur kids didn't inherit both u and ur husband's genes.

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Express in neighbourhood school. Save that one year, can do a lot of things with it.

blasterlord2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kids better go to a place where the environment is more in line with their temperament. If they're not of study material then Normal stream is actually not that bad, but must choose a school where discipline is enforced strictly. What is 1 more year in his entire life? No big deal.

couch.potato

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kids better go to a place where the environment is more in line with their temperament. If they're not of study material then Normal stream is actually not that bad, but must choose a school where discipline is enforced strictly. What is 1 more year in his entire life? No big deal.

That's why lor.
I have nothing against neighborhood schools, but to try to catch up if he is simply a slow learner will be tough on him. It's just like those people who just nice points to go JC like that, not say CMI, but will be VERY xing ku for that two years lor.

Just different methods of teaching different children.

因材施教

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I think we career woman too focus on working and neglected our children. My kids also went poly, unlike me who attended JC.
That why it's good to be homemaker if finance permit.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.