HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Should I let my Son go Express in Neighbourhood school or N(A) in better schools?

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2017, 05:29 PM   #721
Supremacy Member

I've seen many normal acad students do better than express stream students as well and I've also seen express students who do better than special stream kids.

What's important would be the atmosphere of the school as well as constant encouragement from us as parents towards our kids. =)
R u a Sec school or tuition teacher? Thx for the encouragement...
mummy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #722
Supremacy Member

No mummy I said PSC OMS. PSC got a lot of scholarship. Even no S oso can for some. Like u know, Toyota got Lexus n oso Vios
What is OMS?
mummy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #723

What is OMS?
oversea merit scholarship. google can tell u liao.
got open type n teaching type. open considered higher end.
BwaySaiBoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:10 AM   #724

Maybe it is my fault for talking so much about financial freedom and complaining about how FTs compete unfairly so it takes away their drive to study hard. And they see their parents on their handphones most of the time so they follow us.
We can only work hard now to save and set a good example for them.
Younger Son even weaker than his Brother study wise though physically much tougher. Hope can transfer him to St Andrew Junior School. We were just lamenting should have chosen that instead of Maris Stella for their primary school.
Ex Marist and SAJC here.. Silver lining in the gloom.. Your son can enjoy affiliation to SAJC with 2 bonus points off O level. As graduates from maris stella primary, future generation almost guarantee a place in mshs primary (for boys) by phase 2A. It is after all a SAP school.

St Andrews alumni actually not bad. Have a look at SAV how nicely built up it is? Swimming pool, hostel and a beautiful bridge across potong pasir river connecting SAS and SAJC. JC 1 I was in Malan road old JC campus, tutorial room all fully air condition and MOE didn't sponsored that - the alumni did.

All the best to your sons. Up & on + 勤勉忠勇

Last edited by cavalry.knight; 07-01-2018 at 02:21 AM..
cavalry.knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:14 AM   #725

Mummy1234 you bought a terrace to send your DS to maris stella.. Thought my uncle rent a condo near scgs(primary) was the furthest I've seen...
cavalry.knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #726

Problem is that he does not seem to care very much. Still addicted to his computer games. Sigh...I really do not know how to motivate him anymore to study harder. R there motivational courses I can send him to? Do they work?
Your threads are fun to view and your opinions sometimes entertaining.

Here's my 2 cents worth if your main priority are your sons and their future. Your eldest son is now in secondary one but it's not too late to plan for his future. BTW, GEP didn't exist during my time and I was never clever enough to even think about becoming a doctor.

1. Loving your sons does not equate to spoiling them. So stop giving in to their whims and fancies.
2. You are obviously the weaker parent so your children will target you and I guess you give in.
3. It is obvious your eldest son is still immature so trying to convince him to "wake up" is not going to work. You can waste your money on motivational courses but I doubt it will get through to him at this point in time. He still wants to enjoy himself rather than study.
4. Set a timetable for him and make sure he follows it strictly. This includes the time for tv and computer games. Your son needs a structured programme as he is still immature and cannot think straight. In the meantime, you can still try to motivate him and hope he will see the "light".
5. Stop buying computer games and restrict your son's time playing games. Of course, he will throw a tantrum and test you. If you give in, that's it and everything will be back to square one.
6. Lastly, don't waste time and forget about your fanciful ideas, e.g. ice cream shop, JB retirement, nail parlour, etc. Spend less time on this forum and devote more time to your sons.
igit56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #727
Supremacy Member

Your threads are fun to view and your opinions sometimes entertaining.

Here's my 2 cents worth if your main priority are your sons and their future. Your eldest son is now in secondary one but it's not too late to plan for his future. BTW, GEP didn't exist during my time and I was never clever enough to even think about becoming a doctor.

1. Loving your sons does not equate to spoiling them. So stop giving in to their whims and fancies.
2. You are obviously the weaker parent so your children will target you and I guess you give in.
3. It is obvious your eldest son is still immature so trying to convince him to "wake up" is not going to work. You can waste your money on motivational courses but I doubt it will get through to him at this point in time. He still wants to enjoy himself rather than study.
4. Set a timetable for him and make sure he follows it strictly. This includes the time for tv and computer games. Your son needs a structured programme as he is still immature and cannot think straight. In the meantime, you can still try to motivate him and hope he will see the "light".
5. Stop buying computer games and restrict your son's time playing games. Of course, he will throw a tantrum and test you. If you give in, that's it and everything will be back to square one.
6. Lastly, don't waste time and forget about your fanciful ideas, e.g. ice cream shop, JB retirement, nail parlour, etc. Spend less time on this forum and devote more time to your sons.
The best advice so far.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.