Should I let my Son go Express in Neighbourhood school or N(A) in better schools?

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also don't know why in your first post, you said you wanted to put him in a poly ?

If possible, try putting him in JC.

Your son is a product of two scholars. It's almost impossible that he would end up in poly. Unless you dropped him on his head to the floor when he was little.

Don't think about overstressing your son. Your son has the capacity. It's actually also a danger to give him low expectations.

With his capacity, a little bit of stress and high expectations is fine. Then he will reach his true potential.

:crazy:

No lah.... her husband was poly kia one...

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
199 might struggle a bit in Express, but do ask your son if he wants an extra year. I am of the opinion that a better sch in NA course is better. But if your son is determined to be more hardworking, then I see no reason to put him in a 5 year program. He might be more motivated, as he chose this path, compared to a route you chose for him. Who knows?

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3000 using GAGT

Nah..i got lower than 199..did not struggle

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
express also got dnt////....

go to double or triple science classes where they teach A math or principles of accounts instead.. usually lousy express classes without A math then take d& t one. U study D&T instead of A Math means you can't go JC liao.

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seriously even if it's an super elite school, it's still impossible to have almost all kids from rich families lah. Kids, regardless of school they are in, tend to form cliques with those from similar social circle. If you are not from that social circle, just don't join them lor. What's the big deal.

Thats true also. We all mixed well.

We often went for pool side parties at the 2 fellows' home.... everyone mixed well.

My JC class was and is still fantastic. Now, 25 years after we left JC, almost all of us are in a WA group :) and still chatty...

Ponpon830

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mind sharing his grade in pri 1? Is he consistent in grade during the 6 yrs in primary school? How does he feel now?

Some boys are late bloomers. I kw a NA guy who is a Dr now.

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
No lah.... her husband was poly kia one...

Then she only has herself to blame for not following the LKY dictum of marriage between equals.

For a combo made up of an MGS/RGS girl who became a medical doctor and a boy poly kia who's driving Uber now, which LKY himself would have frowned upon, this will be the result of their coupling lor.

You reap what you sow, both figuratively and literally. Sorry to be so blunt.

PaperRay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go to double or triple science classes where they teach A math or principles of accounts instead.. usually lousy express classes without A math then take d& t one. U study D&T instead of A Math means you can't go JC liao.

I did studied POA and D&T haha... sorry hor, i have friends who went JC without amath too..

Poly also required amath for certain courses...

edited: well I did chose Amath :( but due to promote from sec 2 NA to sec 3 express ...

Sai777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to be fair, 199 is not the end of the world.

if one would look back at 199 many years after, it is just a number and make no significant contribution in life.

Going to a better neighborhood school in EA would probably the better for the kid. Boy tends to start slow but the change is when they are 15 - 16 years old.

Get him to JC if possible; if not go poly is not end of world too.

In SG, jobless rate will go up; many will use either hard skill or creativity to make money. Even a FCH does not promise anything.

Meat Bao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mummy1234,

You must become a Tiger Mom..!

Battle_Hymn_of_the_Tiger_Mother.jpg

Don't be soft and follow all these theories about not overstressing your kids.

My parents both put high expectations on me and my siblings. All 4 of us got scholarships. None of us were particularly overstressed or wanted to suicide or whatever.
Or think about your own experience. Were your parents lax or did they have high expectations ? How did you turn up as a doctor ?

Sai777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then she only has herself to blame for not following the LKY dictum of marriage between equals.

For a combo made up of an MGS/RGS girl who became a medical doctor and a boy poly kia who's driving Uber now, which LKY himself would have frowned upon, this will be the result of their coupling lor.

You reap what you sow, both figuratively and literally. Sorry to be so blunt.

wah...so mean to mummy

chiu are a rich man, very high networth and successful, can a little more compassionate to chao peasant like moiself :)

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
Seriously even if it's an super elite school, it's still impossible to have almost all kids from rich families lah. Kids, regardless of school they are in, tend to form cliques with those from similar social circle. If you are not from that social circle, just don't join them lor. What's the big deal.

Wanna bet?

At all international schools, every student comes from a well-to-do family.

How else to afford $30k a year basic school fees, not including misc and extras for sports and enrichment and overseas excursions.

That's why my first suggestion to mummy1234: if you want a true elite school for your ne'er-do-well son, send him to ACS International over Barker.

NTB2DO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanna bet?

At all international schools, every student comes from a well-to-do family.

How else to afford $30k a year basic school fees, not including misc and extras for sports and enrichment and overseas excursions.

That's why my first suggestion to mummy1234: if you want a true elite school for your ne'er-do-well son, send him to ACS International over Barker.

Not talking about international school lah.

Barker rd is considered "govt" school.. school fees even lower than ACSI's..

fatbastardx

Banned
Reaction score
wah...so mean to mummy

chiu are a rich man, very high networth and successful, can a little more compassionate to chao peasant like moiself :)

It isn't my fault that she put herself in a situation like this.

Her son's genes probably came from her husband.

Otherwise it is inconceivable that a person who passed all the stringent academic requirements and interviews and aptitude tests to get into medical school can produce a child who scored 199 in PSLE... Impossibru!

noelnoel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depending on you kid’s character. After 6 years of primary school, does he still want to spend 5 years studying in the same environment? One year can make a huge difference to his study attitude. If he get sick of the environment, he will lose interest in his studies.

Ponpon830

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mummy1234,

You must become a Tiger Mom..!

Battle_Hymn_of_the_Tiger_Mother.jpg

Don't be soft and follow all these theories about not overstressing your kids.

My parents both put high expectations on me and my siblings. All 4 of us got scholarships. None of us were particularly overstressed or wanted to suicide or whatever.
Or think about your own experience. Were your parents lax or did they have high expectations ? How did you turn up as a doctor ?

U study so much but u abit siao siao wan leh. I want my kids to be happy, love deeply n hv a great childhood.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.