DIGITAL HOSPITAL ISO 9001: Screen crack, Spillage, Data Recovery, ipad iphone laptop macbook repair!

Diveraz

Reaction score
I've got a Samsung R480 that is having problems with the power adapter. Do you have power adapter for sale? Or is it cheaper to get a Universal Power Adapter instead of the original Samsung ones.

Thanks in advance.

hbtang

Reaction score
Hi, my MSI CR400 notebook suddenly shuts down power while Windows is starting up. I have to keep restarting the power for more than 10 times before Windows can successfully start up. Can this be repaired? How much and how long would it take? Thanks.

hbtang

Reaction score
Hi all gurus here hope you guys can give me some help and advices..

My laptop is 3 years old now.. Recently a problem occurred.. When switch on my laptop it will auto shut down right before booting into windows.. For my laptop is running windows 7.. So when the windows 7 Animations comes out and just before booting.. This is when the laptop will "Tiang" Auto shut down..

Even if i choose to boot last good configuration.. It still the same.. :s22:

How to check if which part of the laptop is faulty? Or is it windows problem?

Need to try this every time for abt 5 to 6 times before it can boot...

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thank you.

My MSI CR400 has the same symptoms, except that I need to try 15/16 times before Windows can successfully start up. Do let me know if you manage to fix the problem.

Digital Hospital

Featured Distributor for Notebook Clinic
Reaction score
I've got a Samsung R480 that is having problems with the power adapter. Do you have power adapter for sale? Or is it cheaper to get a Universal Power Adapter instead of the original Samsung ones.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. We have both. :)

Digital Hospital

Reaction score
Hi, my MSI CR400 notebook suddenly shuts down power while Windows is starting up. I have to keep restarting the power for more than 10 times before Windows can successfully start up. Can this be repaired? How much and how long would it take? Thanks.

Its more like a motherboard issue. Can be repaired. :)

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Something wrong with my ideapad u330.

Want to reformat using wins 7 CD but system can't even read it.

If I go down to your sim lim or funan shop on sunday, do I need to make an appointment?

What are the operating hours on Sunday?

Thanks

Digital Hospital

Reaction score

If I go down to your sim lim or funan shop on sunday, do I need to make an appointment?

What are the operating hours on Sunday?

Thanks

No appointment required. For opening hrs, please refer to first post. Just updated the info there. :)

Kindly mention you know us through HWZ.

chyn_no

Reaction score
hi,

my laptop is having some problem with the wireless connection, sometimes it cant detect any wireless connection or it can only be connected for few minutes and off goes the wireless connection. may i know how much will the repair fee be?
it is a 4 year old laptop, is it wiser to change a new one?
i tried using my other laptop and seems fine.

ajax_84

Reaction score
Hi, I've a Lenovo Y480 that is constantly plugged in to the power source (with battery removed).
About a year ago, the motherboard battery has died, but I can't replace it as opening up the back plate shows me a slew of difficult to access components. Hence, it's been used with reset date and time everytime I boot up.
Today, when I tried to boot it up, the power light would light up for less than a sec, then switch off. It doesn't boot at all. The light just lit up for less than a second, then off.

Please help. thanks!

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks

Just more information about my problem.
I am able to system *boot into BIOS, but not into windows. I am being prompted for startup repair, but it hangs after the windows complete loading the files.

I have also tried to boot from my windows 7 CD, but the system is not able to detect the CD; that means I can't even do a reformat.

Can you pls quote me if I want to recover pictures, docs and music from my seemingly failed 500gb hard disk in my Lenovo ideapad U330 (Core2 dual processor), replacing that spoilt hard disk with a new one as well as buying a new laptop battery as the origingal battery has failed?

Also, there is also intermittent distortion to in the centre column of the LCD panel; funny streaks of colour. I would I need to hit the panel real hard to revert it to normal condition. If i want to change to a new panel, how much will it be?*

End of day, if I want to avoid spending additional money to repair the laptop, and would like to sell, what is the price range you will take in?

Thanks

Last edited:

fat_toddler

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you provide a estimated quote for a used Thinkpad X61s, details as follow

1) Brand - Thinkpad X61s
2) Model - Type 7667-BY3
3) Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo LV L7500 (1.6GHz)
4) Battery condition - Around 4-5 hours with Wifi disable (cycle 313)
5) External aesthetic condition, 5/10 ( keyboard bezel at the top right corner is broken) else the rest of the cover is 7-8/10

Additional remark - Wireless Lan PCI Express mini card has been removed from the laptop.

Thanks

Digital Hospital

Reaction score
hi,

my laptop is having some problem with the wireless connection, sometimes it cant detect any wireless connection or it can only be connected for few minutes and off goes the wireless connection. may i know how much will the repair fee be?
it is a 4 year old laptop, is it wiser to change a new one?
i tried using my other laptop and seems fine.

May I know the brand and model?
Possible issues according to highest possibility
1) Wireless card faulty
2) Northbridge Issue (motherboard)
3) Antenna issue.

We can quote on on the repair and trade -in price and you consider which is more worth for you to do. :)

Cheers

Digital Hospital

Reaction score
Hi, I've a Lenovo Y480 that is constantly plugged in to the power source (with battery removed).
About a year ago, the motherboard battery has died, but I can't replace it as opening up the back plate shows me a slew of difficult to access components. Hence, it's been used with reset date and time everytime I boot up.
Today, when I tried to boot it up, the power light would light up for less than a sec, then switch off. It doesn't boot at all. The light just lit up for less than a second, then off.

Please help. thanks!

The CMOS battery is simple to solve.
However, your 2nd issue seems to be more serious. That is a motherboard issue. (Small chance of RAM issue, but that you can take out the RAM, swap, use single pc and try)
May I check if your model is Y480, it should be under Lenovo warranty. Is it a Y470?

Digital Hospital

Reaction score
Just more information about my problem.
I am able to system *boot into BIOS, but not into windows. I am being prompted for startup repair, but it hangs after the windows complete loading the files.

I have also tried to boot from my windows 7 CD, but the system is not able to detect the CD; that means I can't even do a reformat.

Can you pls quote me if I want to recover pictures, docs and music from my seemingly failed 500gb hard disk in my Lenovo ideapad U330 (Core2 dual processor), replacing that spoilt hard disk with a new one as well as buying a new laptop battery as the origingal battery has failed?

Also, there is also intermittent distortion to in the centre column of the LCD panel; funny streaks of colour. I would I need to hit the panel real hard to revert it to normal condition. If i want to change to a new panel, how much will it be?*

End of day, if I want to avoid spending additional money to repair the laptop, and would like to sell, what is the price range you will take in?

Thanks

Hi,

I think for your unit, it is not advisable to repair anymore and too many parts are faulty.

1) Hangs after loading windows - HDD or motherboard issue
2) Cannot detect win 7 CD (Did you go to BIOS to set "boot from external Optical drive"?) If yes, then this is likely a motherboard issue
3) LCD or LCD cable issue.

But this seems to be a compound problem. Your unit also have faulty battery.

Trade-in probably not too high, around $50 region.
For recovery of HDD, it depends on which level we have to go into to do recovery. It can cost anything from $80 to few hundreds (clean room recovery).

Digital Hospital

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you provide a estimated quote for a used Thinkpad X61s, details as follow

1) Brand - Thinkpad X61s
2) Model - Type 7667-BY3
3) Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo LV L7500 (1.6GHz)
4) Battery condition - Around 4-5 hours with Wifi disable (cycle 313)
5) External aesthetic condition, 5/10 ( keyboard bezel at the top right corner is broken) else the rest of the cover is 7-8/10

Additional remark - Wireless Lan PCI Express mini card has been removed from the laptop.

Thanks

PM replied. :)

celsus

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a HP Envy 15-1150NR Win 7 Core i5-430M bought in US in 2010. It came with 500GB HDD but I am thinking of changing to 128 or 256GB SSD. Do you provide this service? Do I need to buy a new copy of Win 7?

Also, how much to add another 4GB RAM chip (I think it came with 2x 2GB RAM)?

Thanks

sevalle88

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a laptop that's about 3 years old, its a Gateway P-7904g model. For the past few months both the CPU and GPU of my laptop has been idling at temperatures of 70 degrees celsius and they have constantly reached temperatures of 100+ degrees while gaming.

I suspect that the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU have dried up over the years, could I know if you are able to provide a service to reapply thermal paste, as well as its costs and expected duration needed for the service?

Digital Hospital

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a HP Envy 15-1150NR Win 7 Core i5-430M bought in US in 2010. It came with 500GB HDD but I am thinking of changing to 128 or 256GB SSD. Do you provide this service? Do I need to buy a new copy of Win 7?

Also, how much to add another 4GB RAM chip (I think it came with 2x 2GB RAM)?

Thanks

Yes. Possible to change. No need to buy win 7 as long as your laptop have the license sticker.
128GB from $170-$220.
256GB from $280-$340.

If it is 2x 2GB, then RAM upgrade to 8GB is $25 x 2.

Service charge will be $50 for everything.

For more details, kindly pm me to discuss. :)

Digital Hospital

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a laptop that's about 3 years old, its a Gateway P-7904g model. For the past few months both the CPU and GPU of my laptop has been idling at temperatures of 70 degrees celsius and they have constantly reached temperatures of 100+ degrees while gaming.

I suspect that the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU have dried up over the years, could I know if you are able to provide a service to reapply thermal paste, as well as its costs and expected duration needed for the service?

yes. that is possible. We will also recommend cleaning of the fans and blowing out all the dust on the laptop.

however, just a note, for this model, there is a pretty high failure rate for the motherboard by now, so you might like to consider whether it is worth the effort to do the cleaning. :)

limegreensodapop

Reaction score
Hi, my laptop is a HP dv6700, 5+ years old. When I switch it on, it loads till the windows logo and then "hangs" there. Have tried force shut down and restart in safe mode but still same problem.

Appreciate two price quotes - One for fixing the computer and another one for just "saving" the hard drive.

Thank you!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.