[Official] Star Citizen / Squadron 42

squidy

Reaction score
Hi all im planning to start playing. was looking at this game long time ago but didnt pull the trigger as i was told its a scam. but would really like to try it now. any youtube video for 1st timer guide?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all im planning to start playing. was looking at this game long time ago but didnt pull the trigger as i was told its a scam. but would really like to try it now. any youtube video for 1st timer guide?
Hi there.

The alpha does demand a high PC specification. what is your current system spec? specifically the exact CPU generation and model, the RAM on your PC, SSD capacity and resolution you play at. oh and what keyboard you use. alternatively can wait for a free-fly session and test out for free without spending money and see if the alpha works well on your PC and if you enjoy the gameplay. not everyone does and that is ok - i rather they test out during the free fly than waste $$$. Either way, if you plan to try for free or get the alpha, can DM me for a code to grant in-game credits and maybe free gear.

As for youtube, there's plenty of tubers out there - but i personally do not advise watching them because most of the content and methods will either be obsolete in a few months (due to the nature of the alpha and changes) or they are taking advantage of a change or bug that is old or you may not experience in the near future. So i do not want player expectations to incorrectly be set too early. you can always join our discord to watch our live gameplay session.

the only constant i can guarantee with this alpha is change.

squidy

Reaction score
Hi there.

The alpha does demand a high PC specification. what is your current system spec? specifically the exact CPU generation and model, the RAM on your PC, SSD capacity and resolution you play at. oh and what keyboard you use. alternatively can wait for a free-fly session and test out for free without spending money and see if the alpha works well on your PC and if you enjoy the gameplay. not everyone does and that is ok - i rather they test out during the free fly than waste $$$. Either way, if you plan to try for free or get the alpha, can DM me for a code to grant in-game credits and maybe free gear.

As for youtube, there's plenty of tubers out there - but i personally do not advise watching them because most of the content and methods will either be obsolete in a few months (due to the nature of the alpha and changes) or they are taking advantage of a change or bug that is old or you may not experience in the near future. So i do not want player expectations to incorrectly be set too early. you can always join our discord to watch our live gameplay session.

the only constant i can guarantee with this alpha is change.

3070 i5 something something and 32gb ram. My friend helped me by gifting me a starter pack already. Can i know what is the discord channel?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3070 i5 something something and 32gb ram. My friend helped me by gifting me a starter pack already. Can i know what is the discord channel?
sure
discord.gg/casualstrokes

oh do note if they just gifted you and you have not spent any money on the store. you may not be considered a backer and thus may not receive free items.

squidy

Reaction score
sure
discord.gg/casualstrokes

oh do note if they just gifted you and you have not spent any money on the store. you may not be considered a backer and thus may not receive free items.

thanks for sharing. btw what are the free items?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for sharing. btw what are the free items?
occasionally CIG gives out free stuff. usually during seasonal celebrations like Xmas. only backer qualify to get the free stuff.

squidy

Reaction score
occasionally CIG gives out free stuff. usually during seasonal celebrations like Xmas. only backer qualify to get the free stuff.
so i just purchase anything, eg a ship, i am qualified to be a backer right?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so i just purchase anything, eg a ship, i am qualified to be a backer right?
yeah but don't buy anything yet. try out first and see if you like it. then if you do want to get something from the web store, discuss with us on discord.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.